• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

KEEN boots anyone?

I’ve gone through a few pairs of the Targahee and Targahee 2. They last a long time, both in the woods and the workshop.

I’ve read that the older ones made in Thailand were constructed better than the later models that use more Chinese materials.

This was the pair I had…composite toe.

Attachments

• 07ACAF8D-113F-40B9-B928-45DEE7E0D8AC.png
    07ACAF8D-113F-40B9-B928-45DEE7E0D8AC.png
    333.1 KB · Views: 16
I usually hit up the timberland outlet in commerce. Buy one get one 50% off. Nice boots and get 2 pair to switch between. Really all depends what you use them for i guess
My wife and I both have the old Timberland hiking boots we bought while in high school. Haven’t bought Timberland since, but those are still holding up good after about 30yrs believe it or not . I’ll look into the new ones. Thanks

I bought a pair of the KEEN hacking boots.. very comfortable in the store and the 1st couple of wks at work.. then they got to feeling like I needed new insoles… I got pretty pissed when I pulled the insoles out to check them.. they where about as thick as 5 sheets of notebook paper… not what I call quality

I bought a pair of the KEEN hacking boots.. very comfortable in the store and the 1st couple of wks at work.. then they got to feeling like I needed new insoles… I got pretty pissed when I pulled the insoles out to check them.. they where about as thick as 5 sheets of notebook paper… not what I call quality
Dang… that ain’t good. Them thangs ain’t cheap either. I may go back with the Justin slip on? Those ranch style probably last longer than anything else I’ve wore a lot. Or Danner? Redwings changed in the late 90’s , total rip-off imo.

Back
Top Bottom