• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Just Threw a Harbor Freight DA Sander Across the Garage.

I use em for a lot of stuff when I don't care if it's a quality tool. For what you pay for a lot of there stuff I just know going in they are disposable and usually have a limited life. I've got metric and American gear wrenches I bought there for my work truck and they have worked every bit as good as the ones I bought for my personal use at 4 times the cost

most of their stuff carries a lifetime warranty on it. Take it back and get another one.
Cheap but if it works so what. Serves the purpose of the one job. I like cheap. On my second sander too.

I buy certain things from HF but avoid purchasing other certain things from there too.
Nothing I make my living with comes from HF.

Something that may work: as you may know, Autozone rents automotive tools. The way it usually works is is that they charge you the cost of the tool as the rental fee, and if you return it within 60 days they refund the entire amount. It works great for expensive tools that you only need for a one time use. They probably have a sander that is better quality than what you bought.

I made sure to buy a bottle of oil with it so it would show on my receipt. So I've oiled it every time I used it. But right out of the box it would start spinning as soon as I plugged the air into it. You didn't have to press the lever down. I knew HF was cheap **** when I walked in. But I was (and still am) on a tight budget and I didn't figure that a simple air tool would be too much for them to handle.

Take it back to Harbor Freight...get a refund- go across the street to the Pawn Max, they are good folks, lotsa tools .. I was going to HF to get a bench grinder,, hit the pawn shop instead- had just what I needed !!

I treat HF tools as disposable. Now, I have been surprised a couple of times. I bought an electric 1/4" die grinder thinking it wouldn't last more than a couple of hours. I had already planned on swapping it midway through my porting project. Not only did the thing last, it has done a phenomenal job on two additional projects! Not bad for $60 (Bosch was $400 for the same thing).

My framing nailer has been perfect through at least a dozen jobs. I'd say 20,000 nails driven with it.
I also have a set of impact sockets that are great! I broke a Craftsman 1/2" breaker bar while using them.

You take your chances, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom