• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jim Cooley Hartsfield-Jackson Open Carry

Adeste

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
20   0
Reaction score
A Georgia man took a loaded rifle in the airport in and was questioned by a police officer about why he chose to open carry his AR-15. Jim Cooley was not breaking any laws, and after he was questioned by the officer and then told to have a good day, he went on his way. The incident occurred at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport.

The loaded rifle at the airport video has now gone viral. Jim Cooley was legally allowed to open carry the AR-15 rifle at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport because of a year-old law in the state. Cooley told the media that he knew he was lawfully exercising his Second Amendment rights by carrying the AR with a loaded 100-round drum at the airport while dropping his daughter off for her flight.

he is a douche

yes its legal, makes no sense why someone would but he carried a rifle and nothing happened

how is this news

I learned about this from one of my customers today. He is a middle of the road conservative who has a few firearms however not a firearm enthusiast. He is not gung ho regarding gun legislation he does not carry conceal, not anti gun, not incredibly pro open carry. In other words if one has a gun he would prefer not to know that they have it however he supports an individuals rights to carry. I feel he is a good representation of the average American citizen who tends to lean towards pro gun.

He said "this guy is a "$*%&%*$)$, stupid @## idiot and should have been arrested. This is a perfect example of people taking advantage of their rights and complete over the top example of what happens when idiots are allowed to have guns. "

I am a member of the NRA, Georgia Carry, have been a firearm enthusiast for most of my life and have my CCW permit. Although I cannot deny the spirit of open carry, this was a massively huge error in judgement by this individual. He is going to become the poster boy for every anti-gun group, anti-gun lobby and every anti-gun legislator who was waiting for the next potential "Sandy Hook" level excuse for an anti gun media campaign to be born and on the verge of a huge Gun control Executive Action, what a great way to rationalize it, what a great way to get middle of the road Republicans who are easily swayed by public opinion to jump on the gun regulation band wagon.

he is a douche

yes its legal, makes no sense why someone would but he carried a rifle and nothing happened

how is this news

I will go with douche, HOWEVER, what I want to say would get me permanently banned from this Forum. I will say by his actions and by proxy he is the most "law abiding" anti second amendment, firearm owner in the United States of America.

While legal, I'm not sure I understand why he did it other than to bring attention to something that was already known to be legal (to some) ...... this is the point I'm not quite clear about.

I will also say that there was a metric crap-ton of opposition and negative opinions from 2A supporters about the TX open carry guys (the Chipotle incident) - everyone was up in arms, yet, they were actually rallying about the fact that they couldn't OC in TX per law (matter of fact, you had to make sure you didn't print while CCing even if permitted at the time).

I'm all for rallying and peaceful protest against asinine & unconstitutional laws, at the same time, I also agree there is a fine line, this would be one of those cases where I scratch my head and wonder what exactly the benefit would be.

Well, this Moronic ****bird's STUNT is finally coming home to Roost--Anti-Gun Congressman Hank Johnson has announced his intention to introduce FEDERAL Legislation to outlaw the carrying of Firearms anywhere at ANY Airport, Nationwide...

Are ya' happy NOW, PUTZ? My Wife, who is not quite as demonstrative about such things as I might be, said IF Johnson's proposed Legislation passes, Mr.Cooley should be BEATEN TO DEATH with his own AR and the Drum Magazine--So tell me, PUTZ--Are ya' happy NOW? Well, are ya'???... :( :( :( ....mikey357

Well, this Moronic ****bird's STUNT is finally coming home to Roost--Anti-Gun Congressman Hank Johnson has announced his intention to introduce FEDERAL Legislation to outlaw the carrying of Firearms anywhere at ANY Airport, Nationwide...

Are ya' happy NOW, PUTZ? My Wife, who is not quite as demonstrative about such things as I might be, said IF Johnson's proposed Legislation passes, Mr.Cooley should be BEATEN TO DEATH with his own AT--And the Drum Magazine--So tell me, PUTZ--Are ya' happy NOW? Well, are ya'???... :( :( :( ....mikey357

mikey357 mikey357 , I wouldn't go off all half-cocked prematurely; remember, the media is liberal, as is Hank Johnson .... what did you expect? What kind of legislation would he have introduced otherwise?

Again, I'm still curious what point Mr. Cooley was trying to make with his demonstration, but let's not resort to knee-jerk reactions, you know, the ones that go so far to one side, the ones that tend to go to extremes ..... the ones that make you look like a Liberal ;)

mikey357 mikey357 , I wouldn't go off all half-cocked prematurely; remember, the media is liberal, as is Hank Johnson .... what did you expect? What kind of legislation would he have introduced otherwise?

Again, I'm still curious what point Mr. Cooley was trying to make with his demonstration, but let's not resort to knee-jerk reactions, you know, the ones that go so far to one side, the ones that tend to go to extremes ..... the ones that make you look like a Liberal ;)

I'm not "Going Off", half-cocked, full-cocked or otherwise--Just relating a lil' conversation from the 3-5-7 Homestead from earlier in the evening, and asking a Rhetorical question of "Mr." Cooley--That IS still allowed, right? Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS on your new "Junior Moderator Badge"--You wear it well!... :) ....mikey357

I'm not "Going Off", half-cocked, full-cocked or otherwise--Just relating a lil' conversation from the 3-5-7 Homestead from earlier in the evening, and asking a Rhetorical question of "Mr." Cooley--That IS still allowed, right? Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS on your new "Junior Moderator Badge"--You wear it well!... :) ....mikey357
Jesus, calm down Mr. Biden. WTF, did someone swipe your evening-time happy pills?

Mikey, seriously, just having a rational conversation - no disrespect intended. I know you are a good dude, not trying to get your goat, truly

Back
Top Bottom