• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've read some stupid stuff on the innernet but this takes the cake.....

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
228   0
Reaction score
1692221460001.png

Average television, plugged in for a month continuously, without being turned on, costs about a nickel per month. I guess if you unplugged it and plugged it in every single time you wanted to watch TV, you might save about 50 cents per year.

My sister always unplugs small appliances when they aren't being used, but that's because a friend who's a local firefighter told her that most kitchen fires are started by them short-circuiting or over-heating in some way.

Most of the stuff listed above is such a low draw that I can't see it making any real difference, and the big stuff like HVAC takes a lot more than 'shutting the vent' to make a difference with.

I don’t know ‘moon…I’m not conviced this takes the cake. Sure, a bran muffin, maybe but the whole cake???Should you feel you need assistance finding the dumbest stuff on the interwebs, there are many here who can assist you. You won’t even need to look around that long to identify them.

I don’t know ‘moon…I’m not conviced this takes the cake. Sure, a bran muffin, maybe but the whole cake???Should you feel you need assistance finding the dumbest stuff on the interwebs, there are many here who can assist you. You won’t even need to look around that long to identify them.
Two minutes on TikTok seems to suffice.

I see you have read the pecan thread too!!😂😂😂😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom