• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It's a magazine, not a clip

Do you find grip/grip panel posts equally wrong?

To your point - it would be like calling these bike grips.jpg
handlebars, or calling handlebars - grips?
Now I'm confused. :)

:boink:I read several gun Magazines. These are usually paper and have pictures in them. I have seen many, many different kind of clips and they are usually made out of metal or plastic or both. Magazines are for reading and contain written information. Clips are for holding things together on in bundles. Now based on this information the correct description of the gun part that holds the bullets in the gun should be CLIP. So why do they call it a magazine?

:boink:I read several gun Magazines. These are usually paper and have pictures in them. I have seen many, many different kind of clips and they are usually made out of metal or plastic or both. Magazines are for reading and contain written information. Clips are for holding things together on in bundles. Now based on this information the correct description of the gun part that holds the bullets in the gun should be CLIP. So why do they call it a magazine?

The funny thing is that gun magazines were really more of for storage of ammo. Clips were used to load ammo, and still are today. But some how magazines evolved into a storage feeding device and clips stayed the same. Then again, a clip can be part of a magazine.

Back
Top Bottom