• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Relisted! FS Smith and Wesson 13-3 .357 magnum with speedloaders, ammo, holster, and more

So, is it a "pinned and recessed" gun or the new kind with no barrel retention pin and no counterboring of the back of the chambers of the cylinder?

Either way, this is a great package for people who like wheelguns. One of my favorite handguns EVER was a S&W model 12-- basically the same gun in .38 special. But it was also the heavy-barrel, 4" bbl, square butt fixed sight model. I loved it.

Sacramento County, California Sheriff's Department probably got these guns in 1982, and I'd guess they sold them off and replaced them with semi-auto pistols before the end of that decade.

Weren't the model 12's airweights? They wouldn't have had bull barrels right?

So, is it a "pinned and recessed" gun or the new kind with no barrel retention pin and no counterboring of the back of the chambers of the cylinder?

Either way, this is a great package for people who like wheelguns. One of my favorite handguns EVER was a S&W model 12-- basically the same gun in .38 special. But it was also the heavy-barrel, 4" bbl, square butt fixed sight model. I loved it.

Sacramento County, California Sheriff's Department probably got these guns in 1982, and I'd guess they sold them off and replaced them with semi-auto pistols before the end of that decade.

I agree, this is a great .357 magnum package. Would make for a great home defense revolver.

If memory serves, the 13-3 did not have pinned barrels and the cylinders were not recessed. Thus it's designation. This occurred around 1982. The wood grips appear correct to the gun, based on pics of others I have looked at. THIS OFFERING IS ONE OF THE BEST DEALS SEEN ON ODT IN A WHILE and you can not go wrong with Strongtactics.

Back
Top Bottom