• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**It’s Alive!!**Ordered a Dillon RL550C!!!

Don’t get Dillon’s mount, get Inline Fabrications mount for sure!!! One day I may step up, but the Dillon 550 loads plenty for my needs. I would like more spaces on the tool head now I’ve been reloading a lot more. I’ve learned a lot and the less times you touch a piece of brass through the process, the better!! Take your time and have fun!!!
I don't have a mount on mine so your comment made me curious. What makes one version better than the other?

60E0552B-765B-4335-8E2F-657198298B0E.jpeg
I don't have a mount on mine so your comment made me curious. What makes one version better than the other?

It’s bigger and beefier! Either will be fine, but having both made me choose In-line Fabrication without a doubt. I also like the design because it has space to mount any bullet tray and a shelf. Here is a pic of both.

View attachment 3320808

It’s bigger and beefier! Either will be fine, but having both made me choose In-line Fabrication without a doubt. I also like the design because it has space to mount any bullet tray and a shelf. Here is a pic of both.
Thanks for the pictures and info. I may look into a set of those.

That was quick - I thought Dillon had a long back order- maybe just for the die sets?

yeah the press was not back ordered. I ordered a set of .40 dies from them back in February and at that time it was 24 weeks back ordered, now pistol dies are 48 weeks.

I’ve got a set of Lee Carbide 9mm dies coming tomorrow.

Any standard dies will work, but the two features of the Dillon dies I like is that you can unclip the internal seating and crimping stems to clean them out and then slide them right back in place, and the sizing dies are beveled at the mouth so the cases never hang up on the edge. Did Dillon say why there is such a huge backorder only on the dies?

Any standard dies will work, but the two features of the Dillon dies I like is that you can unclip the internal seating and crimping stems to clean them out and then slide them right back in place, and the sizing dies are beveled at the mouth so the cases never hang up on the edge. Did Dillon say why there is such a huge backorder only on the dies?

The website just speaks to demand, lack of supply of raw materials and obviously COVID restrictions backlogged everything. They have an entire list on their website to let you know approximate lead time.

Back
Top Bottom