• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this illegal?

lol, good call. I mean, I do feel pretty confident in that answer, but I wouldn't trust it myself without looking further into it.

Vehicle is defined in GA gun law so "extention of your home" is not necessary.

Edit:
O.C.G.A. § 16-11-126
Having or carrying handguns, long guns, or other weapons; license requirement; exceptions for homes, motor vehicles, and other locations and conditions; penalties for violations

(a) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license.

more at link

http://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?title=16&chapter=11&section=126

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I was thinking Florida was cool with our gun laws....

Not sure what you mean here.

When you are in FL carrying on your GWL you must follow FL law. Yes printing there was an issue before last year, now no longer.

Just don't sit in the bar section of a restaurant.

Always Always know the laws in the state you are visiting or traveling through that reciprocates with your GWL. The license is valid but the laws are different. Ignorance of THEIR laws is NO excuse

...And if open carry is legal here... and it is a Georgia Firearms License... you can walk around with a slung rifle? That would go over real nicely.

Open carrying a long gun (including "a slung rifle") is perfectly legal without a Georgia Weapons Carry License so long as a person is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or a long gun.

OCGA 16-11-22 (b) said:
(b) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a long gun without a valid weapons carry license, provided that if the long gun is loaded, it shall only be carried in an open and fully exposed manner.

Back
Top Bottom