• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this even legal?

Sounds like a Civil Rights violation to me, tell him to contact the ACLU, they may represent him for free.......

lol ACLU says the 2nd is a collective right.

The DOJ has handled alot of California's stupid gun law enforcement in the past though, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Why would the Hispanic guys be fighting this guy over some decoy ducks?

I would think when approached about the decoys, they would have run off, unless your buddy gave no warning and just lit into them. If one was hospitalized, he must have beat on him for a while, or whipped out the ball bat and whopped him up side the head.

Most thieves don't fight back unless given no other option.

It would shine some new light to see the statements given from both sides.

Hispanic- Hey I'm stealing these decoys.
Your buddy- No your not, they're mine.
Hispanic- Would you be willing to take a butt whooping over them.
Your buddy- Yes, bring it on.
Hispanic- Hey gringo, my buddy ain't giving up. You'll have to put him in the hospital before he backs down from stealing your decoys.

Really now. How hard would Hispanics fight for decoys that they were stealing?

I would think when approached about the decoys, they would have run off, unless your buddy gave no warning and just lit into them. If one was hospitalized, he must have beat on him for a while, or whipped out the ball bat and whopped him up side the head.

Hispanic- Hey gringo, my buddy ain't giving up. You'll have to put him in the hospital before he backs down from stealing your decoys.

California gang bangers fight for fun, and steal for the Lulz or pawn value.

- consult an attorney. I found this on google on an attorney's website.

"Throughout the country, including California, a person convicted of a misdemeanor domestic violence
offense (California Penal Code section 273.5) is forever prohibited from possessing firearms under Federal law.
This is due to the "Lautenberg Amendment," which became effective on September 30, 1996."

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Restoring-the-Right-to-Possess-Firearms.pdf

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/misdemeanor-domestic-violence.html

Beating a couple of hispanics for trying to steal your stuff isn't the same as beating your wife for not making dinner on time, even in California.

legal or not, he is a free citizen of the united states of america, and therefor if he is exercising his rights he is not welcome in that fascist state

legal? probably not. will they get away with it? probably. unethical and wrong? you bet.

tell him to move man

thugs will be thugs

its not about the gain on property, its about exerting your weight and being an asshole

He is just asking a question about someone else. Where did you get the idea he was wanting legal council? BTW we have several very good Attorneys on this forum. (No I'm not one of them...but I did sleep in my own bed last night... LOL)
I understand that he wasn't directly asking for legal advice, but i know that some on here regard themselves as experts at everything, may try to start stating things as fact and the OP might possibly take some of it as fact and run with it. My experience is always have proper representation, because the other side usually does. Not trying to state something that wasn't asked. Seems 3-4 others all recommend the same thing. Or do nothing at all. Really makes me no difference. I'm not going to Cali

One of them had a knife while cutting the tie downs. Paul reacted by pulling off the guy cutting the deeks. The other 2 jumped Paul from behind. He might have used too much force one the one with a knife while trying not to get hurt from the other two. He did the right thing in my opinion. Apparently he didn't see the other 2 because they were on the other side trying to get into his bronco.

This is the beginning of a breakdown. Man tries to defend his property, man gets charged with assault for such, man loses his firearms.

Win win for the criminals in California. If this takes place on a huge level, California will have nothing but unarmed citizens who can't defend themselves.. Surely another win for The People's Republic of Californication!

i hope your friend has very good reason to stay in california, if that happened to me in the state i'd leave if i could. i wish him luck on getting his firearms back

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom