• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this even legal?

300AAC-hoghunter

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
161   0
Reaction score
I left California over 10 years ago and have not looked back...the gun laws there were really stupid.

Tonight...i get a text from one of my dear friends Chris saying "omg the **** has hit the fan with Paul(other hunting buddy..Chris's roommate)". Not knowing the situation i tried to call and it went to voicemail several times before Chris answered the phone. Apparently the DOJ came to their house and confiscated all of Paul's guns. They took a total of 15 firearms.

Paul got into a fist fight at a local mcdonalds last october on his way home from duck hunting because some hispanic guys were trying to steal the duck decoys from his truck and he beat the snot out of them. He was charged and convicted of misdemeanor assault because he put one of the guys in the hospital. He is a pretty level headed guy and was put into a situation where he had to neutralize 3 guys fast...but California's retarded laws still convicted him for defending his own property.

I was just dumbfounded that the DOJ can come into his home and take away his property all because he defended his own property in the first place. I'm just shaking my head over this situation and hope crap like that never lands on Georgia's doorsteps.

Does anyone know of any organizations that might be able to help Paul out? Does he just let this go and let them have his guns? He doesn't make enough to be able to afford a good lawyer and i have offered to help out with the money issue but will it help?

Is this even legal?????

In california (yes I purposely didn't capitalize) nothing would surprise me regarding legality.

Feds don't have the authority, but California officers might. I don't know California laws, but when I lived there back in the eighties they were pretty anti gun and had screwed up laws.

As I always say....A good attorney will beat the advice of an internet forum any day of the week. No one here I feel I would trust my freedom and defense to ( no offense).

He may have done the right thing, but laws are laws. It will have to be heard in court and a jury or judges discretion.

Your buddy best get a good attorney. I can't express that enough.

As I always say....A good attorney will beat the advice of an internet forum any day of the week. No one here I feel I would trust my freedom and defense to ( no offense).

He may have done the right thing, but laws are laws. It will have to be heard in court and a jury or judges discretion.

Your buddy best get a good attorney. I can't express that enough.

He is just asking a question about someone else. Where did you get the idea he was wanting legal council? BTW we have several very good Attorneys on this forum. (No I'm not one of them...but I did sleep in my own bed last night... LOL)

He is just asking a question about someone else. Where did you get the idea he was wanting legal council? BTW we have several very good Attorneys on this forum. (No I'm not one of them...but I did sleep in my own bed last night... LOL)

just really glad I'm here in Georgia...F that..im just glad I'm someplace other than california

- consult an attorney. I found this on google on an attorney's website.

"Throughout the country, including California, a person convicted of a misdemeanor domestic violence
offense (California Penal Code section 273.5) is forever prohibited from possessing firearms under Federal law.
This is due to the "Lautenberg Amendment," which became effective on September 30, 1996."

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Restoring-the-Right-to-Possess-Firearms.pdf

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/misdemeanor-domestic-violence.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom