• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is anyone here a car dealer?

I'm not a car salesman, but, is there a clause in your contract that allows for someone else to take over the payments? That's an option. How much money you loose will depend on how deep you are in the bucket. If you were able to put down a generous downpayment when you bought the car, you might not be as bad off as you think. I would start by calling or getting on line with your lender and figure out exactly what the pay off is, and then go to Kelly Blue Book, or another one of the on line auto value sites, and get the wholesale, and average retail. Compare the numbers, and list your car for sale if you can. Good luck.

Well, one things for sure, It WILL NOT go away. The car might, the monthly payment and insurance will. But the debt will never go away until its payed or until you file bankruptcy. And this will come up anytime you try to get credit for anything. Try to work it out, sell the car, something,this plan is a bad plan..

Sorry for the thread derail; but this is so true...they think they are entitled to everything.

then what about hard time? like a loss of a job? or a death? they all just lazy?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, one things for sure, It WILL NOT go away. The car might, the monthly payment and insurance will. But the debt will never go away until its payed or until you file bankruptcy. And this will come up anytime you try to get credit for anything. Try to work it out, sell the car, something,this plan is a bad plan..

comes off in 7 years if no payments are made.

And whats the fun in paying them

I love paying my bills. Just paid some. Makes me feel good that I'm reducing my debt to income ratio and building a superb credit history. Not only that but being smart with credit will save you money in the long run with lower interest.

It may come off in 7 years but it costs us all more due to higher fees and rates so the lender can recoup their losses. They don't just take the hit, they pass it along to all of us....

I gave up on credit long ago If I can't pay in cash I don't buy it. If we all did that we have lower rates. No one needs to put $600 worth of xmas gifts on there Visa lol but they do then come the 1st of the year they can't pay it off.

I gave up on credit long ago If I can't pay in cash I don't buy it. If we all did that we have lower rates. No one needs to put $600 worth of xmas gifts on there Visa lol but they do then come the 1st of the year they can't pay it off.

That's why we try not to use them, get the bill and forgot we bought that thing we didn't need that is on the bill.....

Back
Top Bottom