• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is anyone here a car dealer?

Just being perfectly honest, the "Sister buying it at auction" idea is not very sound, there is no telling when or where that car will end up.

This is true. The car could sell anywhere in the nation. The best I can do if we were serious about heading down that path is set search parameters for the vehicle and hope we find it prior to selling. There are plenty of good cars that sell at auction for under 2-3k... that's what I recommend for killstatic.

Fifth third bank does run at a local auction here. However only people with dealers licenses can buy from that auction so your sister couldn't buy it there anyway. They wouldn't ship it cross county if their auction is here

Wow I didn't know there were so many PERFECT people in this forum with PERFECT credit because they have never been late on a payment. And for those that say "screw credit. If I can't pay cash then I can't afford it.", what are you going to do when there is a accident or emergency and you don't have the cash to solve the issue? I'm curious on what you do then? You have no credit built up to get a loan and you don't have the money to pay for it. People make mistakes. All I know is that there is no one on here in any place to start throwing stones at someone else because of their mistakes.

This thread is a tough one. OP I've been in the same spot you are in when I was 18. I jumped out and overloaded myself and before I knew it I was in over my head. I ended up loosing a car as well. It sucks bad but it's not the end of the world. I learned a lesson on responsibility far more valuable than the car ever was. Don't let people get under your skin they haven't had to walk in your shoes. In my case I lost my car because I was young and stupid and I was trying to screw anything with a pulse. I stayed wasted most of the time and didn't find it necessary to do adult things like pay bills and such. Your situation seems alot different than that. I said all this for a reason. Things have a way of working themselves out in the end. Even if your sister can't find the car it will all work out. Luckily for me I met my wife shortly after my repo and she had perfect credit. She helped me restore mine and now it's higher than it was before the repo. Of course I also got a much better paying job and paid the car off. But now we have a beautiful home, two fairly new cars and most everything that we want. If you aren't careful this situation can take you to a bad place mentally and emotionally. Don't let it get you down. Life goes on you will be just fine.

Sell everything you have. Buy old cargo
Van or
Class b motor
Home. Live in that with 0 rent or utilities ( only gas) and pay everything off.
In one year you could have sparkling
Credit, money saved up, and be purchasing land/home with little money down.
(if you can get pay-for-delete on your debt

Yeah, if you owe lets say, $10k for the car, and it goes to auction and sells for $6k, you will be responsible for the $4k difference. and IF you make the mistake to tell them "i wont pay" it when they contact you for the diff (and they will) they will take you to small claims. you just have to pick up the phone and tell them "i cant talk right now" forever.

-Carlo

They do not need to call you and probably never will. The might or might not have an attorney sue you for the deficiency and rest assured there will be one. There are a lot of expenses involved in selling a repo and they will try to recoup all of them. Talking to the bank will help as they would rather you turn in the car to keep them from spending money to repo it. By meeting your obligations head on you will have a better chance of dealing with it. As an ex-banker and repo guy (my own and others) I can tell you that person to person (face to face if possible) is the way to go. I would always work with the customers that called and kept me up date on their situation. I had no patience for the ones that lied, avoided me and or were a pain in the butt. The bank is in the money lending business and just want their money not your car.
Just learn from this experience. Don't EVER buy a car on credit again.
The advice you are getting on your sister buying it at auction is correct. They will probably sell it at a dealer only auction.
You have an offer to help with a car, take it.
I would post a thread asking if anyone here works for the bank or knows anyone that does. Also look at the help wanted ads here. Never know what you might find.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom