Iphone 5... Why all the free publicity?

My company has about 40 androids on our Verizon account all of different makes. None of them make it to lunch time without being plugged in. If you are using it all day and can get a full day out of one charge, that is indeed impressive. At company meetings there are chargers being passed around the room all day. I have a charger in my bedroom, one in each of our three cars, one in my laptop bag, one in my suitcase and a couple of extras at home in a drawer.

That's a hardware issue not an issue with Android.
I have an original Nokia 3900 series and it lasts like 4 days on a charge. Its all about the hardware.
If battery life is an issue her a Droid RAZR Maxx. 3800mAh battery.

I have a boost Moble lg marquee. It uses the android market. It runs everything I download. I've yet to have a problem. The only part I did not like was the battery life. I bought an extended battery off eBay. It cost me 16 bucks. Now it lasts 2 full days even with heavy use. I want an iPhone but I'm not paying 90 plus bucks a month for a phone. I pay 40 bucks a month for everything unlimited. It does everything I need it to. I have an iPad so I don't see the need for an iPhone.

If my phone wasn't reimbursed, I probably wouldn't have an iphone. No way in hell I'm paying AT&T $130/mo for a cell phone. With that said, the phone itself is fantastic. It's AT&T that I can't stand. Regardless, the Nexus is indeed the best Android offering to date, but still outclassed by the iphone. I don't care about specs. I only care about real world use.

That's a hardware issue not an issue with Android.
I have an original Nokia 3900 series and it lasts like 4 days on a charge. Its all about the hardware.
If battery life is an issue her a Droid RAZR Maxx. 3800mAh battery.

Who is her? I'm talking about 40 employee owned Android phones. The batteries on all of them suck. Hardware issue or not, it is unacceptable. Our old blackberries could usually make an 8 hour shift without a charge. It's not a huge deal, I have just gotten used to plugging my phone in anytime I am stationary for more than 5 minutes.

as much a i like to hate on the fruit basket, I-phones are actually good little devices, battery has decent life about 1 day for me and it usually works.

It however is not the most stable phone in the world I have had so many strange issues on mine and the same goes for the other 20 or so I-phones my company has. You are almost forced into upgrading as they force you to take new version of IOs (or you can get new aps) and they usually have bad backwards compatibility with older devices making your device have increasing amount of issues. that said if you don't mind upgrading to apples latest version of the phone regularly and buy a couple of extra here and there as they seam to be design to break the glass :) the Iphone is an excellent device

My first Android was an HTC Incredible. I left it in the back seat of a NYC taxi a week after getting it. My company replaced it with a Motorola Droid 2. Verizon replaced the Droid 2 seven times under warranty because it kept failing. Finally, we got them to replace it with a HTC Incredible 2. I rooted that one and loved it. About 6 months after getting it, the phone cooked and Verizon wouldn't replace it because it had been rooted. My company bought me another Incredible 2 which I dropped off the top of an 8 foot ladder two weeks later and broke the screen. I paid 150 bucks to get my screen replaced and not a week later dropped it in a MDF and broke the screen again. 150 bucks later, I have a new screen again. That screen lasted about a month until one day I pulled it out of my pocket and found yet another cracked screen. Not sure my company will pay for yet another screen so I have just kept my mouth shut about it. I miss my old RIM blackberry with the scroll wheel on the side. ;)

Damn dude! About time to invest in a Otterbox.

I don't have a personal cell phone but my company phones have always been Blackberry products. The last one was a Torch and I hated it for the entire time I owned it. I actually bought an Samsung Galaxy to use as an "Ipod" and loved it. I finally killed my olf Blackberry and got a new Iphone 4s last week. I like it ok but if it were my personal phone I would already have it jailbroken :)

I don't have a personal cell phone but my company phones have always been Blackberry products. The last one was a Torch and I hated it for the entire time I owned it. I actually bought an Samsung Galaxy to use as an "Ipod" and loved it. I finally killed my olf Blackberry and got a new Iphone 4s last week. I like it ok but if it were my personal phone I would already have it jailbroken :)

I probably had 6 different Blackberries over 4 years before we moved to iphones and ipads for email. I still feel they were the best devices for email due to the physical, albeit tiny, keyboard. However, they were the biggest piece of *** in terms of hardware and software. I went through half a dozen, not because I kept up upgrading but because they just wouldn't last. The last one I had was the Storm(?), I think, it was their first touchscreen offering and it was HORRIBLE.

Back
Top Bottom