• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting local hospital issue

Lots of reasons...
Most get there 2 years experience and then go Agency for double the pay and the opportunity to travel the country. Some go find an easier job in another department or at a doctors office because they are tired of 12 hour shifts and want to have a life; most have children that they hardly ever see. Some just get tired of dealing with all the BS and stupid people, ERs are like Walmart, they have a tendency to attract society's lowest common denominator and dealing with them for 12 plus hours gets old fast! I deal with with more poop, piss and puke in 12 hours than most people in their entire lifetime which I honestly don't mind, but dealing with complete idiots and their families is getting very old!
Every immigrant, uninsured nitwit in Macongo goes to the ER with every sniffle, ache, tummy problem from too much HFCS, and all other ailments that likely could be avoided or treated outside of a hospital. I can't imagine what it's like to deal with those people other than you'd have to get jaded to the point where you simply wouldn't care anymore. There is at least one hospital and ER in the Macongo that I go to, and told my brother to leave HMC and go there. She was admitted within 30 minutes and they stabilized her, put her in a private room and she was good to go once kidney function returned to normal. I've had nothing but intensely good care there myself when I had an emergency in 2019.

Off topic but did you tag me in this post? I never got a notification for it. No disrespect to OS because I know he put a lot of work into it but the new ODT is nowhere near as user-friendly as the old one. I really wish there was an option to use the old site format
Yes, I meant to hit reply to your post but forgot and went back to edit and tagged you in it. I've not been getting some notifications as well.

Uninsured people go to the ER for everything. ( something to do with the Obamacare healthcare exchange being dismantled in Georgia by the Governor ). The ER can't turn them away like the doctor's office can.

Every immigrant, uninsured nitwit in Macongo goes to the ER with every sniffle, ache, tummy problem from too much HFCS, and all other ailments that likely could be avoided or treated outside of a hospital. I can't imagine what it's like to deal with those people other than you'd have to get jaded to the point where you simply wouldn't care anymore. There is at least one hospital and ER in the Macongo that I go to, and told my brother to leave HMC and go there. She was admitted within 30 minutes and they stabilized her, put her in a private room and she was good to go once kidney function returned to normal. I've had nothing but intensely good care there myself when I had an emergency in 2019.
If I was to go to an ER in Macon in would be Coliseum Northside, followed by the Coliseum. If Piedmont has any sense whatsoever they will retain Micheal Dykes as the ED director over the Coliseum's ED, because he is good and very respected by his nurses. The fastest way to lose nurses (other than mandating a vaccine) is to get replace a respected department manager.
I cannot even tell you how many people show up at the ER via ambulance for constipation, gout or toothaches, the system is being abused to the point of breaking.

If I was to go to an ER in Macon in would be Coliseum Northside, followed by the Coliseum. If Piedmont has any sense whatsoever they will retain Micheal Dykes as the ED director over the Coliseum's ED, because he is good and very respected by his nurses. The fastest way to lose nurses (other than mandating a vaccine) is to get replace a respected department manager.
I cannot even tell you how many people show up at the ER via ambulance for constipation, gout or toothaches, the system is being abused to the point of breaking.
I agree. I wasn't going to name the hospital, but you're spot on. Coliseum Northside is the only place I want to be taken if I'm in distress.

I agree. I wasn't going to name the hospital, but you're spot on. Coliseum Northside is the only place I want to be taken if I'm in distress.
Before it went out of business we had a hospital here in town everyone dreaded. BJC Medial, some referred to as Blow Job City, lol.

streetroc streetroc

I don't understand employers thought process on vaccinations. You'd think their main concern would be to ensure profits. If you have to fire so many people that you're not keeping your profits up then why are you even in business?

Yep, now most hospitals that require the vaccine are offering "medical and religious exemptions" to retain employees. Why do you think Piedmont is offering a $30,000 sign on bonus for nurses?? If you look on the Houston Methodist Hospital's website that fired the nurses for refusing the vaccine, they are currently offering a $15,000 sign on bonus....seems very counterproductive to fire or suspend employees when you are already critically understaffed.
My guess is that the government is offering financial incentive to the hospitals, or threatening to withhold reimbursements if their staff is not vaccinated. People forget that the hospital administrators ARE NOT medical, they are people with business degrees and only look at spreadsheets and numbers.

Not sure if it's still this way... My step dad was one of the educated people with ZERO idea on how to run a ER/doctor office. His job was to basically keep the numbers in the red to insure more grants form the government coming in. He hated the job with a passion.

A lot of doctors and nurses are getting fired for refusing to take the vaccine.
NOT, total BS according to my sister, brother and brother in law who are MD's and work at different hospitals 90% +++ medical staff have been vaccinated. One is at Vanderbilt, one at St Joseph, one at Emory.

Couple observations from someone with a little inside knowledge. The hospitals are seeing a dramatic need for employees as stated previously. As far as making twice as much as a travelling nurse, I have to say I’ve seen RNs making 5-8 times working as a traveling nurse than as a local nurse, when you factor in per Diem, housing, etc. NYC was offering $10K a WEEK for qualified RNs May of last year. (Unfortunately, the idiot gubner required travel nurses to pay NYC/NYS payroll taxes, so that kept a lot of RNs away) Not sure what they’re offering now.

Another reason why people go to the ER for a toothache, or other non emergent reason is because they don’t have to pay the ER bill, but if they go to a walk-in urgent care center, payment is due when services are rendered. I’ve seen people brought in by ambulance for minor crap thinking they would go straight into a room only to be taken to the ER lobby, kicked off the stretcher, then told to sign in wait their turn. It’s ridiculous to call an ambulance to try to get straight into a room for something minor.

I’m sure most hospitals here aren’t firing for not getting vaccinated, but they are requiring NEW employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment.

Back
Top Bottom