• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting local hospital issue

Just one example. She was one of 153 employees who were fired from her hospital for refusing the vaccine. I saw another picture of doctors and nurses standing outside the hospital with signs saying " yesterday's heroes today's unemployed". Can't find the link to that picture though

I wonder if the feds are withholding money from hospitals if the employees are not vaccinated.

Wait times in Macon & Warner Robins' ERs is 18-36 hours at last report (bro had to take his wife in). These "medical professional" heroes are busy man! Them tiktok videos ain't gonna make themselves!
The wait times in Macon are due to severe staffing issues, Navicent had 5 ER nurses resign in one week alone; the assistant ER manager turned in her 2 week notice, well about 2 weeks ago. If you have ever worked an ED, especially one in an area like Macon you would probably have a better understanding of why they are understaffed and super busy. Navicent Atrium is a level one TRAUMA center, if your brother had to take his wife in and she wasn't shot, stabbed or bleeding out from a car or industrial accident, she probably did not need to be there. I can tell you from experience that 90% of patients that go to the ER are not suffering from emergencies and should have went to Urgent Care or their Primary Care doctor. As an ER nurse myself, and not someone who knows absolutely nothing about the subject matter at hand, I can assure you that ER nurses do not have time to be making Tiktok videos!
Every hospital in Georgia is critically understaffed, and almost everyone is on ground diversion; meaning they are not accepting transfers from other hospitals because they do not enough staff. The staffing shortage is so critical that Piedmont is offering up to a $30,000 sign on bonus for RNs and they still cannot recruit enough, and the shortage is only going to get worse!

Can you give any insight or opinions on the reasons for the resignations ?
Lots of reasons...
Most get there 2 years experience and then go Agency for double the pay and the opportunity to travel the country. Some go find an easier job in another department or at a doctors office because they are tired of 12 hour shifts and want to have a life; most have children that they hardly ever see. Some just get tired of dealing with all the BS and stupid people, ERs are like Walmart, they have a tendency to attract society's lowest common denominator and dealing with them for 12 plus hours gets old fast! I deal with with more poop, piss and puke in 12 hours than most people in their entire lifetime which I honestly don't mind, but dealing with complete idiots and their families is getting very old!

Floyd here in rome has nurses dropping out like flies since they are requiring vaccines.
Yep, now most hospitals that require the vaccine are offering "medical and religious exemptions" to retain employees. Why do you think Piedmont is offering a $30,000 sign on bonus for nurses?? If you look on the Houston Methodist Hospital's website that fired the nurses for refusing the vaccine, they are currently offering a $15,000 sign on bonus....seems very counterproductive to fire or suspend employees when you are already critically understaffed.
My guess is that the government is offering financial incentive to the hospitals, or threatening to withhold reimbursements if their staff is not vaccinated. People forget that the hospital administrators ARE NOT medical, they are people with business degrees and only look at spreadsheets and numbers.

streetroc streetroc

I don't understand employers thought process on vaccinations. You'd think their main concern would be to ensure profits. If you have to fire so many people that you're not keeping your profits up then why are you even in business?

Off topic but did you tag me in this post? I never got a notification for it. No disrespect to OS because I know he put a lot of work into it but the new ODT is nowhere near as user-friendly as the old one. I really wish there was an option to use the old site format

Back
Top Bottom