• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In the past week...

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
I have seen a plastic craptastic mall ninja SKS listed for $1300.00 And a genuine Russian SKS for $1500.00. In fact I got a warning/ reminder about commenting on how optimistic the seller was with the Russian model.
This is not a price rant. It's more of a random observation about how unrealistic guys can be about values. If your SKS is over a grand and name your brand of AK is the same price what do you the buyer go with? So it's either the long heavy slow loading SKS or pick your AK model, or basically 2 ARs. Well..maybe an AR and a half these days. But still...

I have seen a plastic craptastic mall ninja SKS listed for $1300.00 And a genuine Russian SKS for $1500.00. In fact I got a warning/ reminder about commenting on how optimistic the seller was with the Russian model.
This is not a price rant. It's more of a random observation about how unrealistic guys can be about values. If your SKS is over a grand and name your brand of AK is the same price what do you the buyer go with? So it's either the long heavy slow loading SKS or pick your AK model, or basically 2 ARs. Well..maybe an AR and a half these days. But still...

Don't nobody want that commie crap at any price!

Don't nobody want that commie crap at any price!
Well now... an SKS is a great rifle all the way up to about the $300.00 mark and that's being generous. I would love the 16" para model but that probably doubles the " Pre Ban" asking price these days. So I may never own another SKS. I would trade 2 ARs for a wood stocked AK in a heartbeat but not an SKS.

Well now... an SKS is a great rifle all the way up to about the $300.00 mark and that's being generous. I would love the 16" para model but that probably doubles the " Pre Ban" asking price these days. So I may never own another SKS. I would trade 2 ARs for a wood stocked AK in a heartbeat but not an SKS.

I've had a few over the years. Kind of like the Highpoint of the rifle world for me. Shot every time I pulled the gritty, clunky old trigger but just wasn't my thing.

Back
Top Bottom