• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In the past week...

I've had a few over the years. Kind of like the Highpoint of the rifle world for me. Shot every time I pulled the gritty, clunky old trigger but just wasn't my thing.
Had either the D or M model in the late 90s. Whichever one uses AK mags but without the hideous thumb hole stock. It was a damn good carbine as long as you used 20 round tanker style mags. They locked in better than anything else. But I sold it WAY too cheap for $350.00 Back in 07.
It's kinda like why can't Ruger make a Mini 30 that uses AK mags? That would be great but probably too expensive.

Well now... an SKS is a great rifle all the way up to about the $300.00 mark and that's being generous. I would love the 16" para model but that probably doubles the " Pre Ban" asking price these days. So I may never own another SKS. I would trade 2 ARs for a wood stocked AK in a heartbeat but not an SKS.
I feel like I could comfortably ask well over double $300 for my SKS-M and not hurt anyone's feelings here. We don't live in the days of buying crates of surplus for dollar menu prices anymore. Things change whether you like it or not; it's just the way of the world.

What I have a problem with is the twits that take these rifles out of the wood they belong in and fudd them up beyond all recognition and THEN ask for a premium as if they just did us a huge service.

To me and what I've seen in the other arena I'm passionate about, it's like buying a bunch of bolt on crap from China for your Harley and suddenly you're a bike builder and your bike with all the doodads and bull**** is now worth double when, in fact, you've removed all the factory stuff that's worth way more than the Chinesium you just added to it.

tenor.gif
hunnit quenny gluck clipazine

Oh yeah. Round 2 is upon us. I saw some D-Bag and his D-Bag wife/GF carting out, what had to be, $100 worth at the Wal-Mart the other day. There was some guy out there in a pedo van crying about his shot dog too. IDK...
No need to do it like that especially if you've been smart enough to plan ahead. Take some and leave some.

I have seen a plastic craptastic mall ninja SKS listed for $1300.00 And a genuine Russian SKS for $1500.00. In fact I got a warning/ reminder about commenting on how optimistic the seller was with the Russian model.
This is not a price rant. It's more of a random observation about how unrealistic guys can be about values. If your SKS is over a grand and name your brand of AK is the same price what do you the buyer go with? So it's either the long heavy slow loading SKS or pick your AK model, or basically 2 ARs. Well..maybe an AR and a half these days. But still...
I’d sell you my nib sks for 1500.00 or trade for empty used ammo cans...meet in Anchorage text me when your there

I’d sell you my nib sks for 1500.00 or trade for empty used ammo cans...meet in Anchorage text me when your there
I'm not criticizing YOUR SKS . They're solid rifles for what they are. But when they're priced in the same range as a quality AK or like 2 ARs then you have to admit they lose nearly all their appeal.

Back
Top Bottom