• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm like a bad kidney stone..feeling a little pissed

Paynefree

Default rank 5000+ posts
Aint no calling for 1 legged ninja
326   0
Reaction score
my ccwp is about to expire. No big deal I'll just go down to my local courthouse and get a new one. I heard that I'd get a little break over what I paid last time. Just checked and good ole Uncle Sam is raping me again. 77.50 for a new permit. All because I don't have the permit listed in this county, paulding by the way.. Am I looking at this wrong? 77.50 for me to be a law abiding citizen is a bit excessive since I've had the permit for 5 years or so.. *rant over

my ccwp is about to expire. No big deal I'll just go down to my local courthouse and get a new one. I heard that I'd get a little break over what I paid last time. Just checked and good ole Uncle Sam is raping me again. 77.50 for a new permit. All because I don't have the permit listed in this county, paulding by the way.. Am I looking at this wrong? 77.50 for me to be a law abiding citizen is a bit excessive since I've had the permit for 5 years or so.. *rant over

You don't have to get fingerprinted to renew. So check and make sure they aren't making you pay for prints.

No ****, I paid $35 7ish years ago and $70 2 years ago nor did I let mine expire before renewing. I also had to get fingerprinted again but I live in Murray County.

Last edited:
Yep, pay your (poll) tax to "exercise your right to fight tyranny."

It's unconstitutional to pay a fee to exercise any right but as long as we tolerate it, it will endure. You know for "public safety".

Whoa...I just had to pay the full $77.50 to get my license renewed in a different county (Gordon...original was in Polk). How'd you get out of the additional?
No fingerprints. Didn't let my current permit expire before I renewed. I believe my county passed something too..
Yep, pay your (poll) tax to "exercise your right to fight tyranny."

It's unconstitutional to pay a fee to exercise any right but as long as we tolerate it, it will endure. You know for "public safety".
Yes, I certainly agree but at this point you ain't gonna vote it away so like the old guys shopping with their wives in Saturday's at the mall you gotta pay your dues if you want to watch football on Saturday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom