• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

IM GENIOUSLY CURIOUS

Trades only heavily in my favor. I'm a post bumper, sometimes more than 1-2 times a day especially if I'd like to free up cash. Sometimes it's price, sometimes it's the item, sometimes it's the tone of the ad. I can think of one in particular that wants to trade something worth x for something worth 2-3x ac it's not scarce nor hard to find. But you can't sell what you don't put out there. All it takes is the right one.

IIRC, the guidelines mention that more than twice a day is frowned upon, and there are those here who follow that. I think it's just that some people don't like to keep seeing them because they need their "new stuff" fix and it gets in the way..

Putting myself in the bumper place...

If there is nothing telling me in the rules that I “can’t “ bump and it’s only “frowned upon” then why not be the annoying a$$hole and keep your stuff high up on the ad listings.

It seems to me if we (ODT ) want this changed, the powers that be change the language to “are only allowed two bumps a day” then put a widget in place that blocks the owner of the add from bumping a more than twice a day per the new rules established.

Issue solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my perspective, "frowned upon" can mean an unexplained time out or similar because I've seen some pretty unclear examples of it, and seems to me the avenues of complaint are not in the affected person's favor. Regardless, I just conveyed my impression of what I read in the guidelines. I encourage those who are especially concerned to go review them all themselves. That's what I call "issue solved."

I don't bump my ads...but I am impatient. I'll edit my posts frequently. Sometimes if I knock off the price, I'll comment on my own thread stating such.

But as far as others bumping their own posts....well, I try not to let things like that bother me. That's one of the problems with society today....people telling everyone else the proper way to live.

Back
Top Bottom