• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you had $200 to spend on a pocket knife, what would you pick up?

Hey ODT’ers. I’m not a ODT newbie. But, I am a Knife newbie. This is my first post in this category. I’m just observing at this point. I’m not a pro here.

OK. I think I can understand paying >$200 for a short piece of steel, but I love cheap knives. I admit. I have scoured gas stations up and down Lawrenceville highway looking for spring assist and OTF gems under $15.

When I get to $100, I am looking for vintage ComBloc pistols, not knives. As with guns, tell me, are you looking for the one best knife?

I suppose we are. We’re all seeking perfection in our tools.

But, even cheapness has its merits, especially to the uninitiated. Am I about to become a bigger knife guy? I don’t believe it.

I love having a pocket knive or switch assisted blade. I have progressive arthritis and even opening an friggin’ Amazon package requires a slicing edge so I carry a blade. I’ve sat in my car for 3 minutes without a knife trying to open shrink wrap on a 5 hour Energy. (Man I’m getting old)

no, it's the bragging about it on social media. I don't care if a company stays 100% out of politics, and think more should honestly. It's when they go hard one direction or another, pisses me off. Benchmade chose to say "F gun guys" even though many knife guys are also gun guys.

get a kershaw launch, or used microtechs on here for $200
I have a $16 Kershaw that I bought at Walmart and it’s the best knife I have ever carried. It’s a perfect every day carry knife. You could open a Jugular in a second or you can open your Amazon packages too!

I bought a Kizer earlier this year, and have been pretty impressed with the blade. Approx. $100
View attachment 3671894

Kershaw. Walmart. 14.88

5026B8FF-5D6B-49BD-9977-83F072042716.jpeg

I have a $16 Kershaw that I bought at Walmart and it’s the best knife I have ever carried. It’s a perfect every day carry knife. You could open a Jugular in a second or you can open your Amazon packages too!
To eachs own, just know there are better knives out there. I’m not knocking Kershaw, they do make a descent blade and probably plenty sufficient to open Bezos boxes!

Some guys are just as crazy about knives as they are guns! Visit Bladeshow once and it will open your eyes to the knife world!

To eachs own, just know there are better knives out there. I’m not knocking Kershaw, they do make a descent blade and probably plenty sufficient to open Bezos boxes!

Some guys are just as crazy about knives as they are guns! Visit Bladeshow once and it will open your eyes to the knife world!

Yep, the knife world is big. Like big big. Every type you can think of at every price range you can think of big. It’s way more than just 3 or 4 companies.

Well I have to admit I likely wouldn't spend that much on a knife. To me a knife is a tool to be used, that doesn't mean abused. And I do like a good knife with a good blade that is sturdy built. I think the most I've ever spent is @$50. I've lost a couple pocket knives along the way. And you'd be sick if you lost a $200 knife, or broke it. And I have knives that are @35yrs old

Back
Top Bottom