• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you had $200 to spend on a pocket knife, what would you pick up?

1636650023278.png

I would buy three of the CRKT M-16.

Well, I don't know about ya'll but if I have the money to go buy a B&T APC9 I'm surely not going to opt for 10 HI Point carbines instead. Yes there are premium knives that are overpriced, Busse Combat comes to mind, at least for me. I can buy a similar knife in the same blade steel at one third the price and the fit and finish will be as good or better. But, there is a difference in quality between a $20 knife with a 4140 blade and a $200 knife in CPM3V. Also, companies like KAI USA (Kershaw/ZT) stand behind their products even if I'm an idiot and break the blade on my ZT. They'll fix it. Many other companies that make "high end" knives have similar customer service standards. Also, premium blade steel is not as hard to sharpen or resharpen as most think. I use a medium sharpening rod and a rolled up piece of saddle skirt leather to keep mine "oh ****" sharp. Takes me about 5 minutes to touch one up and maybe 15 if I wait too long to sharpen. If you have a knife that sits in your pocket 99% of the time then yeah Amazon is your huckleberry but, I need tools that will stand up to a lot of use and occasional misuse.

Shameless plug: Add a little money with it, and I'll make you a sweet deal on the ZT 0562Ti I have listed.

:yo:

You can score a *TON* of knives for $200 and less, most of the market, actually. It all boils down to personal style, taste, and use. Here's a few:

The Benchmade 940, Bugout, and Griptilian series are always EDC safe bets.

I like the Spyderco Delica 4 and Para 3

If Chinese made doesn't turn you off, the Civivi Elementum is a helluva knife for the money.

Case just came out with a new line of flippers that are USA Made and getting good reviews.

Of course, Kershaw anything is always a safe bet.

I'd buy 20 each Buck or Kershaws for around $10 each so I wouldn't have to sharpen one and I'd already have a replacement for the one I WILL lose. Too many gone to carry expensive knives.

Back
Top Bottom