• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

i would rather stay home.......

Here's how I used to go after them.

Attachments

• CCCD0E4F-823B-4DAF-BBD1-B6C774B7189B.jpeg
    CCCD0E4F-823B-4DAF-BBD1-B6C774B7189B.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 36
Fishing for some of us ( like me ) is about relaxation. It does not get anymore relaxing than bottom fishing for shell cracker and catfish with a baitfeeder / baitrunner reel. If you really got to have some fish to eat you can buy them from a restaurant , fish market or the grocery store. I am not a fan of Bass fishing ---cast 300 times and throw your arm and shoulder out trying to catch a fish :confused: Get hung up and lose between 10-100 dollars worth of lures :confused: . Being an adrenaline addict is a job I do not want to be on.
see i like the challenge in that. after many yrs of bass fishing i gave that up too
and went trout. well trout if in fresh water. i like the hands on and tactical approach
often needed to catch them. i feel more involved if you follow me on that.
not just a plunk and wait game. trout to me are much more challenging than catfish/bluegill.

now if im inshore fishing thats a different story. i'll go after anything lol.
you never really know what your reeling in. you might have a good idea
but never really 100% sure, and every fish fights harder than fish 3x its
size in fresh water. its been several yrs since ive gotten to go though. life
has gotten in the way. AGAIN.

just not in to either one of them. to me, there is just not a challenge to them.
i was 2 yrs old my first catfishing trip. very soon started to go every weekend.
it was fn as a kid but got boring as hell after i started bass fishing yrs later.
as for bluegill and the likes they are more of a pain in the ass than anything.

i know there are folks that like fishing for either and often both but i just dont get it
as to why. i dont knock these folks now, but i just dont understand the desire
to catch these fish at all.
I feel the same way about bass fishing.i fish for food not to impress my fellow man.

I love to trout fish but living south of the congo its not always easy to get to those fun fish. I do have a 2ac pond and maybe bluegill are boring but since i started using Tenkara(yes...i know its not 'real' flyfishing) its a blast to catch them. The suntech Kureia is 9.7 feet @ 0.9oz. It'll fold over even with small bream. heres a pik of rod.

Attachments

• cohutta.jpeg
    cohutta.jpeg
    377.3 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom