• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want a new hobby

Guys I'm looking for something else to do that's not firearm or exercise related got any suggestions? Thanks

To begin a new hobby you must first rid yourself of anything reminding you of your current hobby. By doing so, it will allow you to focus on the new one while making others in your current hobby happy when you sell everything at 1/2 price for quick riddance. LOL.

Guys I'm looking for something else to do that's not firearm or exercise related got any suggestions? Thanks

I have enjoyed RC helicoptors for quite a while. I have a RC heli with approx. three foot rotor span (I dont know the exact measurement) brand new motor thats never been started installed. All the extra gear...I have about $2500.00 into it. I will let it go for $1000.00. They are fun and very challenging to fly. this engine burns RC Nitro fuel mix.

Photography can easily be as (or more) expensive than firearms.

Actually photography seems to have come down in price.
Now you don't have to print every picture you take to see what you have.

The wife has turned it into a nice little hobby, a few times a year we'll take the best pictures to print.
There's no other cost involved once you have the camera, unless you want a different lens ....

A new hobby that's not firearms or exercise related... Hmm....

All I can suggest is that it be an INDOOR hobby. Something you can do all year long, regardless of rain or wind or snow.
Or a combination-- Radio Control vehicle? Aircraft are especially good for indoor work. In my experience you get 10 hours of building or repairing them for every 20 minutes of flying time.
I must be doing it wrong....I spent weeks building it and spent 4 seconds in the air before I augered in.

I'm retiring from Bonsai gardening but I highly recommend it. It's therapeutic, relaxing, artistic and outdoorsy without being strenuous. It's a good karma cleanser.

I'm retiring from Bonsai gardening but I highly recommend it. It's therapeutic, relaxing, artistic and outdoorsy without being strenuous. It's a good karma cleanser.

You serious? Bonsai gardening? :wacko:
It's just hard for me to picture anyone really doing that ....???
I mean it's cool if it works for you and all, you sound serious, I just want to know if you are...????

It's a Yin/Yang thing. It helps balance my naturally aggressive nature so that I don't end up naked on a rooftop holding a deer rifle. View attachment 732726

I like it! lol
And thanks for not being offended and posting a picture to boot.
You definitely handled that great, your naturally aggressive side never showed its face! :becky:

Actually photography seems to have come down in price.
Now you don't have to print every picture you take to see what you have.

The wife has turned it into a nice little hobby, a few times a year we'll take the best pictures to print.
There's no other cost involved once you have the camera, unless you want a different lens ....

It depends on how involved you get into it. Sure, you can get a small camera and be fine but once you really get into it, the cost of the bodies will be upwards of a few thousands dollars. I sold a Wilson Combat to pay for one of my camera bodies. That's just the body. Then you get into glass, software to process the pictures, media storage (Hard Drives) to store all of the images. Then comes lighting, first a speed light, then strobes, light modifiers, stands, backgrounds, props, etc.

It can start out inexpensive but if you get into it, it'll get pricey REAL quick.

Back
Top Bottom