• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I still don't understand ...

FredAlert

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
217   3
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've even browsed the classifieds but for the most part, with almost no exception, what I still see are people selling used guns for more money than it would cost to go to Dawsonville gun and pawn or the georgia gun store in gainesville and buy them brand new including the cost of tax and people complaining that no one is offering cash anymore. I understand that guns tend to hold value but at the same time something that is used should at least not cost more than it costs out the door from the showroom floor at a dealer ...... I would even understand if the price was new price minus the tax cost but it isn't mostly.

same problem with sellers in real estate. they list their homes high so they have some "wiggle room" and then bitch because it just sits there with no activity. price it appropriately and be firm about you price

Yes, but it doesn't mean that it isn't true .... and it defeats the whole purpose of this website existing.

The website's working great. Guns get posted here every day at great prices well below MSRP and LGS street prices, they just don't last long and get marked as gone. If you're looking for something you better know what it's worth, what you're willing to pay and be ready to commit when it shows up.

Same goes for ammo. Why the hell would you sell your ammo here for higher than retail? .45ACP for $22+/bx? Makes no ****ing sense. Thats why I quit browsing on here.

The website's working great. Guns get posted here every day at great prices well below MSRP and LGS street prices, they just don't last long and get marked as gone. If you're looking for something you better know what it's worth, what you're willing to pay, be ready to commit when it shows up and don't bail on the deal.

FTFY

The guys that are asking too much money for their guns can be negotiated with.

There is nothing you can do about the 2 negative feedbacks you have.

Back
Top Bottom