• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I need new trigger in my AR...

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
What triggers you guys like to use for hunting? I am making my SBR my SHTF and my M&P15 the hunting AR.

- - - Updated - - -

So I want a light trigger, possibility a single stage unless you guys got a suggestion...

I'm still using the trigger that came on my old DPMS in 7.62x39. Make sure that it is unloaded, and then check again. Cock it and put a dime on top of the barrel (near front sight) and pull the trigger. When you can pull the trigger without knocking/rocking the dime, you will be fine for hunting. This really helps get you used to where the trigger breaks and not jerking. I like the standard trigger (mil-spec) and it makes it a lot easier to change between AR's without having an AD. I'm sure that you will hear about some really nice triggers, but I like mine to all be the same.

Google Bill Springfield Trigger Job. He is out of Colorado. You send him your milspec trigger and $40 and he sends you back butter. I had him work my AR10 trigger and it came back great.

I absolutely love the CMC triggers (http://www.cmctriggers.com/) ! I have 3 sets in my AR's...my Sig716, and 2 AR pistol's. I kept with the curved trigger instead of the flat type, but each his own. Some love the Geissele trigger as well, but I cannot comment on those. Yes the CMC is a little pricey compared to other triggers, but, the way it feels and breaks crisp without any creep is what sold me. It is a complete drop in unit. You can use the supplied pins (not the ones already in your receiver) or get the KNS anti-walk, but theirs is the same principle.

I do not have any affiliation with CMC, just a happy bang switch operator!

I kept the DPMS trigger and hammer that I originally installed in mine when I decided to strip it clean of sights and scope it. But I did instill a 4.5 pound JP trigger spring kit. Then afterwards, I removed the upper from the lower, cocked the hammer back, then slightly pulled up and forward on the hammer while pulling the trigger and releasing it. This speeds up wear and tear, ultimately making for a smoother trigger release. Just make sure you don't allow the hammer to hit the lower receiver at full tilt to keep from damaging it. I did this about 10-15 times. It really did smooth it out a bit. Though the spring set is 4.5 pounds, realistically it's about 5-6 pounds. After I worked the hammer and trigger, It breaks crisp and clean just under 5 pounds EVERY time. Pretty sweet shooter and only cost $12 for the springs. Good luck.

SS

I kept the DPMS trigger and hammer that I originally installed in mine when I decided to strip it clean of sights and scope it. But I did instill a 4.5 pound JP trigger spring kit. Then afterwards, I removed the upper from the lower, cocked the hammer back, then slightly pulled up and forward on the hammer while pulling the trigger and releasing it. This speeds up wear and tear, ultimately making for a smoother trigger release. Just make sure you don't allow the hammer to hit the lower receiver at full tilt to keep from damaging it. I did this about 10-15 times. It really did smooth it out a bit. Though the spring set is 4.5 pounds, realistically it's about 5-6 pounds. After I worked the hammer and trigger, It breaks crisp and clean just under 5 pounds EVERY time. Pretty sweet shooter and only cost $12 for the springs. Good luck.

SS

You can lighten it up even further by bending the trigger springs up and cutting one leg off the hammer spring.

Back
Top Bottom