• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need help finding a job, soon.

The building is under construction next to Hartsfield Airport on the site of the old Ford plant. Construction has been going on for about 6 months, and given that the Germans are certainly planners a lot of personnel choices are probably already made. I'd start bugging them asap. ;)

They are definitely planners. I'll check into it, thanks! :)

There is a company in Tucker Called Lindner, USA it's a german owned company from Arnstorff. Check em out. call me with any questions.

404 295 7975

Hi, all. I'm in urgent need of a job. Looking for a toehold in a good company that will allow me the opportunity to learn and grow. I've applied for a wide range of stuff, but have focused particularly on corporate trainer, writer/editor, management trainee positions. Am good with language/communication and good with people. I also speak, read and write fluent German.

Except for about two years as an account manager (consultative sales), I'm a foreign language teacher by trade. I want to leave the teaching profession with my soul intact.

For weeks I wanted to ask the ODT for help but hesitated –because of pride, shame, maybe because I was scared that the thread might blow up with “statist school” comments, suggestions that I am/was just another mindless cog in the machine, poisoning young minds, etc. :) Far from it.

If you have any ideas or think you might be able to help, please let me know. Thanks ODT.

Probably a bit of a drive for you, but there are several German owned companies here in Gainesville. ZF Industries is one that I am aware of. They make automotive transmissions, among other things. http://www.zf.com/corporate/en/career/your_application/search_and_apply/vacancies/vacancies.jsp

Thanks for the supportive posts and the great suggestions on this thread - please keep 'em coming! :) Also, thank you for the PM'ed responses.

I've never encountered anything quite like the ODT. Pretty much damn moved to tears thinking about it. Things go a certain way so long, and it's hard to stay positive. I've only been on the forum 15 months or so (feels longer). I've never saved or protected anyone's life. I rarely have anything of any real substance to say. Am gradually learning from everyone I meet on here, and learning especially thanks to the patience of people like JWC. Still, I mostly laugh at jokes and ogle shiny revolvers and cleavage. This is just a lousy job of saying I don't feel particularly worthy of the kindness that's being shown here, from guys who don't owe me anything and most of whom never met me.

Ok enough of this I'm gonna stop acting like a girl, go for a walk, to the gym or something. Thank you guys.

Thanks for the supportive posts and the great suggestions on this thread - please keep 'em coming! :) Also, thank you for the PM'ed responses.

I've never encountered anything quite like the ODT. Pretty much damn moved to tears thinking about it. Things go a certain way so long, and it's hard to stay positive. I've only been on the forum 15 months or so (feels longer). I've never saved or protected anyone's life. I rarely have anything of any real substance to say. Am gradually learning from everyone I meet on here, and learning especially thanks to the patience of people like JWC. Still, I mostly laugh at jokes and ogle shiny revolvers and cleavage. This is just a lousy job of saying I don't feel particularly worthy of the kindness that's being shown here, from guys who don't owe me anything and most of whom never met me.

Ok enough of this I'm gonna stop acting like a girl, go for a walk, to the gym or something. Thank you guys.

You're a good man baldie. We got your back.

I didn't know VW had a plant in Chattanooga. That's a hike, but it might not be too far away if the opportunity were right. Thanks for the suggestion, GA-Silver.

Yeap, opened up about 3-4 years back. UAW just voted down there.....There kids might need tutors for learning English.

Back
Top Bottom