• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need help finding a job, soon.

Baldilox

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
126   0
Reaction score
Hi, all. I'm in urgent need of a job. Looking for a toehold in a good company that will allow me the opportunity to learn and grow. I've applied for a wide range of stuff, but have focused particularly on corporate trainer, writer/editor, management trainee positions. Am good with language/communication and good with people. I also speak, read and write fluent German.

Except for about two years as an account manager (consultative sales), I'm a foreign language teacher by trade. I want to leave the teaching profession with my soul intact.

For weeks I wanted to ask the ODT for help but hesitated –because of pride, shame, maybe because I was scared that the thread might blow up with “statist school” comments, suggestions that I am/was just another mindless cog in the machine, poisoning young minds, etc. :) Far from it.

If you have any ideas or think you might be able to help, please let me know. Thanks ODT.

Last edited:
Fluent German caught my eye. With the Porsche USA headquarters under construction by the airport, it would seem like a good long term opportunity for an educated person who is also multilingual. They would most certainly have a training department, so a teaching background would be advantageous.

When I was in college friend of mine worked for a Japanese company in Peachtree City. Her job was to work with Japanese employees with weak or no english language, especially those who had just moved to the country. She assisted them in transitioning to the new culture and worked as an interpreter, helping them open bank accounts, house shopping/closing, doctor visits, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom