• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need help finding a job, soon.

Fluent German caught my eye. With the Porsche USA headquarters under construction by the airport, it would seem like a good long term opportunity for an educated person who is also multilingual. They would most certainly have a training department, so a teaching background would be advantageous.

When I was in college friend of mine worked for a Japanese company in Peachtree City. Her job was to work with Japanese employees with weak or no english language, especially those who had just moved to the country. She assisted them in transitioning to the new culture and worked as an interpreter, helping them open bank accounts, house shopping/closing, doctor visits, etc.

That's a great suggestion! I don't know what their time frame is, but I'd be crazy not to look into it. Thanks, man

I didn't know VW had a plant in Chattanooga. That's a hike, but it might not be too far away if the opportunity were right. Thanks for the suggestion, GA-Silver.

Where do you live? Ever done any wiring? (phones, networking). D

Thanks, NWSharpshooter - I live in East Lake, approx. one mile from Agnes Scott College and about five minutes from downtown Decatur. Unfortunately, I've never done any wiring. I'm not afraid to learn, it's understandable, though, if you're not looking to train someone from scratch.

That's a great suggestion! I don't know what their time frame is, but I'd be crazy not to look into it. Thanks, man

The building is under construction next to Hartsfield Airport on the site of the old Ford plant. Construction has been going on for about 6 months, and given that the Germans are certainly planners a lot of personnel choices are probably already made. I'd start bugging them asap. ;)

Back
Top Bottom