• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need a general contractor to Remove/replace rafters & Re-pitch roof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All construction companies have brown people. Some are even owned by brown people. In fact some of those brown people speak English ( among other languages). There are brown people all around us……
yes and they do great work! and show up, and man the job with enough people!
saved me thousands on a recent roof job!

I am in construction and roofing.

If possible trusses are a very easy alternative for chopping the top on a roof and changing pitches. Easy to set and then you will have a more open floor plan with eliminating the need for certain load walls. Higher pitches allow you different materials without limiting you. Anything 2/12-3/12 you have to use 3-tab shingle, metal or roll roofing. Architectural require a 4/12 and above.

404-273-9271

Attachments

• dji_fly_20230919_124712_808_1695142052966_photo.jpeg
    dji_fly_20230919_124712_808_1695142052966_photo.jpeg
    400.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4284.jpeg
    IMG_4284.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 10
get a crew of brown people! they will do u a great job! don’t even need to speak the language! just point!
Depending on the pitch, under a certain degree, shingles can not be used. If you don’t want to redo the trusses, another option is a rubber overlay. I currently have a back patio roof like you mentioned. Three different slopes but not enough for shingles. My house was built in 2004 and I just re-coated the rubber a couple of months ago with a special sealer. Good for another 20 years.
I need the entire roof/trusses removed and new trusses and roofing installed.

This will require permits and engineering to be legal. I am looking for a contractor to handle everything

get a crew of brown people! they will do u a great job! don’t even need to speak the language! just point!
Uhh.... there was a crew here in Macongo roofing a group of new construction "micro cribs" off Norris (the old Prosperity Park) and I noticed that they finished in a couple of days. Funny thing is, they were shingling these square hip roofs and when they finished? The very next day they were back on the roofs tearing up every single course covering the ridges and then reflashing or laying something else down underneath, then covering that with a terrible looking series of covers, I mean looked like Fido's ass. Somebody seriously screwed up. Now these newly constructed houses have ****ed up looking roofs and I don't think they are going to rework them any further. Be careful pointing and expecting a good outcome, or one even close to code.

Uhh.... there was a crew here in Macongo roofing a group of new construction "micro cribs" off Norris (the old Prosperity Park) and I noticed that they finished in a couple of days. Funny thing is, they were shingling these square hip roofs and when they finished? The very next day they were back on the roofs tearing up every single course covering the ridges and then reflashing or laying something else down underneath, then covering that with a terrible looking series of covers, I mean looked like Fido's ass. Somebody seriously screwed up. Now these newly constructed houses have ****ed up looking roofs and I don't think they are going to rework them any further. Be careful pointing and expecting a good outcome, or even on close to code.
not just in Congo

Removing the entire roof deck and rafters and replacing , will be very expensive .

It’s $7k ish just for new shingles .

I’m guessing you’re looking at $40k or more .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom