• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need a general contractor to Remove/replace rafters & Re-pitch roof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
My old house is being rehabbed. I thought I was going to get away with doing some repairs to the existing roof. There is damage all around the perimeter ant the pitch is not very steep. The kicker is the decision was made to enclose the patio area at the front of the house. This area currently has 3 different roof slopes and I’m looking for an outfit that can look at my fiasco and give me some options. The roofing outfit I had been talking to had no references.

any leads?

My advice is get a big, experienced outfit to make sure you aren't roofless and searching for another contractor. Somebody with documented experience and enough crew and equipment to get it done fast and right. That will probably exclude the third factor though.

My advice is get a big, experienced outfit to make sure you aren't roofless and searching for another contractor. Somebody with documented experience and enough crew and equipment to get it done fast and right. That will probably exclude the third factor though.

This ^ and make sure they are insured!!!

And it will require licensed contractors, engineering and permits

My old house is being rehabbed. I thought I was going to get away with doing some repairs to the existing roof. There is damage all around the perimeter ant the pitch is not very steep. The kicker is the decision was made to enclose the patio area at the front of the house. This area currently has 3 different roof slopes and I’m looking for an outfit that can look at my fiasco and give me some options. The roofing outfit I had been talking to had no references.

any leads?
get a crew of brown people! they will do u a great job! don’t even need to speak the language! just point!

Depending on the pitch, under a certain degree, shingles can not be used. If you don’t want to redo the trusses, another option is a rubber overlay. I currently have a back patio roof like you mentioned. Three different slopes but not enough for shingles. My house was built in 2004 and I just re-coated the rubber a couple of months ago with a special sealer. Good for another 20 years.

get a crew of brown people! they will do u a great job! don’t even need to speak the language! just point!
All construction companies have brown people. Some are even owned by brown people. In fact some of those brown people speak English ( among other languages). There are brown people all around us……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom