• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I like our neighbors when we are camping more than our actual neighbors.

I find in the burbs people are kinda like that, but out the country people are a lot more friendly and wave, talk etc. Just shows you how times have changed. Neighbors don't mean much to people these days.

Went tent camping with the family at Moccasin Creek state park back, oh 10 or so years ago.

First time we ever let our boys go out on their own. They had a blast. Running around making friends and generally wreaking havoc. But we always felt like they were safe and they were.

They grow up so fast...

We use to do this as kids . Different levels of comfort. Mostly a big old 2 room Army tent :)
On the beach in Fla. down in the keys.
On the creek sethookin was alway an adventure ;)
Up in the mountains we camped on Popcorn Suttons mountain ;)
Its good to get away an have some fun !

Yellow jackets I can do without tho ;(

I went swimming at that spot every day in the summer when I was a kid.
The building in the background was an arcade and had games , the mechanical games , they hadn’t invented video games yet, and a jukebox with a loudspeaker on a pole outside and a concession stand with burgers fries and cokes .

We camped a lot in Japan. I always noticed the Japanese were very interested in what we were cooking and what we ate. They enjoyed some of it (we always share) and a few things they just couldn't figure out, like corn on the cob (try eating that with a chopstick). Our Japanese neighbors (at home and camping) were always friendly and helpful.

We use to do this as kids . Different levels of comfort. Mostly a big old 2 room Army tent :)
On the beach in Fla. down in the keys.
On the creek sethookin was alway an adventure ;)
Up in the mountains we camped on Popcorn Suttons mountain ;)
Its good to get away an have some fun !

Yellow jackets I can do without tho ;(
Did you happen to find any of Popcorn's buried treasure?

Times sure have changed. Growing up in the 70's in PA we didn't even lock our doors. Also had to explain to my wife who is 20 years younger than me what a "milk box" on the front porch was. She thought it was amusing we had to call the dairy the day before and order milk!

Back
Top Bottom