• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I like our neighbors when we are camping more than our actual neighbors.

Understand....I remember having to go camping with the wife, MIL and our young in a pickup camper at Lake Lanier in the 70s...it was a brutal weekend... I consider myself lucky because there was a crapper in the truck camper...:0)

I usually prefer the primitive campsites as well. However, when the wife goes a designated crapper is mandatory.

To give a little perspective here, this pop up camper is on its maiden voyage with us. We bought it last week. No ****ter included. It's definitely been nice to just have everything loaded up and ready to go. We could get to enjoying and relaxing much quicker.

I’ve typically found folks nice while camping maybe they are in a better mood since not at work
Probably more truth to that than most people realize. This is the first weekend I haven't had to work and refused to work through. Sometimes you have to sit on top of the mountain, breathe some fresh air and watch the world burn below.....until Monday.

Sounds like the OP has some awesome camp neighbors. I really miss camping. I've gone up to Canada on fishing trips with my dad and my uncle since I was a kid. We would rent an old radial engine float plane and fly way back into the bush. By the time we landed on a lake and set up base camp we would be the only human beings for about 50 miles in any direction. I'm sure that's not very practical when you have a wife and kids with you though.

*sigh* That was back before the world ended though. I have no idea when I will be able to go back there. If you think covid restrictions are draconian here you should see what our neighbors to the north are requiring to cross the border now.

roughing it aint all its cracked up to be. Enjoy your time camping
Thank you. You're right. If I had a week to rough it, I would. If I did that now, I'd set up camp just to take it down and head back. Have to make due with the short time I have. And it keeps the family happy which is the most important to me.

Sounds like the OP has some awesome camp neighbors. I really miss camping. I've gone up to Canada on fishing trips with my dad and my uncle since I was a kid. We would rent an old radial engine float plane and fly way back into the bush. By the time we landed on a lake and set up base camp we would be the only human beings for about 50 miles in any direction. I'm sure that's not very practical when you have a wife and kids with you though.

*sigh* That was back before the world ended though. I have no idea when I will be able to go back there. If you think covid restrictions are draconian here you should see what our neighbors to the north are requiring to cross the border now.
I absolutely wouldn't mind that. Sounds perfect in every way. Hopefully you are able to get back to it someday.

Back
Top Bottom