• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I like our neighbors when we are camping more than our actual neighbors.

Gingerbeard Man

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Fornicate around and findeth out.
445   1
Reaction score
We hit the hills Friday after a long and stressful week. As soon as we set up camp my son made friends with our camp neighbors. The kids promptly dug up a yellow jacket nest and it was quickly pure chaos. Kids running every direction like they were on fire. Well soon after everything calmed down, we had other neighbors come by to check on our son and give us benadryl and ointment for him.

It's a stark contrast from our actual neighbors. My wife and I have always been extroverts and will take neighbors holiday baskets, house warming gifts and we always acknowledge them when we go for walks. Our one neighbors are elderly and I go check on them every other day just to make sure they are good and see if they need help with any work outside (this heat is a killer). I have good conversation with them. My wife and I, I guess, are still considered young at 39 years old and so are our other neighbors but they seem so anti social. Never answer the door and rarely acknowledge a hello.

Long story short....it feels more like a community camping than at home. Wish I could pack that up and bring it back to the neighborhood.

Here's some pics, including the two pups we got from letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar
IMG_20210730_200132.jpg
Polish_20210731_102937089.jpg
IMG_20210730_230231.jpg
IMG_20210731_120101.jpg

We hit the hills Friday after a long and stressful week. As soon as we set up camp my son made friends with our camp neighbors. The kids promptly dug up a yellow jacket nest and it was quickly pure chaos. Kids running every direction like they were on fire. Well soon after everything calmed down, we had other neighbors come by to check on our son and give us benadryl and ointment for him.

It's a stark contrast from our actual neighbors. My wife and I have always been extroverts and will take neighbors holiday baskets, house warming gifts and we always acknowledge them when we go for walks. Our one neighbors are elderly and I go check on them every other day just to make sure they are good and see if they need help with any work outside (this heat is a killer). I have good conversation with them. My wife and I, I guess, are still considered young at 39 years old and so are our other neighbors but they seem so anti social. Never answer the door and rarely acknowledge a hello.

Long story short....it feels more like a community camping that at home. Wish I could pack that up and bring it back to the neighborhood.

Here's some pics, including the two pups we got from letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar
View attachment 3381224View attachment 3381225View attachment 3381226View attachment 3381232

Yeah, because they are temporary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I go camping I notice that people are more laid back and are not stand offish like when in the city. Maybe it's because they just know they don't have to go to work the next day and are in a great mood. You are right though, Everytime we go camping we make friends instantly with everyone that are directly adjacent to us in every direction.

Understand the jovial atmosphere but WADR, to me it isn't camping when you have fixed fire pits, steps and an indoor place to go take a dump. I guess I grew up at a different time. My day, even camping at Lake Lanier (and paying the $2 site fee) there was NOTHING but water and some dirt.

Understand the jovial atmosphere but WADR, to me it isn't camping when you have fixed fire pits, steps and an indoor place to go take a dump. I guess I grew up at a different time. My day, even camping at Lake Lanier (and paying the $2 site fee) there was NOTHING but water and some dirt.
It's easier to do this style camping when you don't have a lot of time and you have a wife, kid and two dogs puppies in tow. If it were just me, your style of camping is my style of camping.

It's easier to do this style camping when you don't have a lot of time and you have a wife, kid and two dogs in tow. If it were just me, your style of camping is my style of camping.
Understand....I remember having to go camping with the wife, MIL and our young in a pickup camper at Lake Lanier in the 70s...it was a brutal weekend... I consider myself lucky because there was a crapper in the truck camper...:0)

Back
Top Bottom