• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I just ordered one of these in 45 acp. Anyone have any experience with them?

We all sat and chilled at the house. I went to Lawlers BBQ and picked up some pulled pork that was about it.

Get this shyt the dumbasses at Lawlers who were OUT of lays potato chips had the nerve to tell me kettle cooked chips are just as good as Lays original potato chips. I basically called them blasphemers. LOL
They probably put okra and butter beans in their Brunswick Stew too.....

I've been flirting with the idea of one for several years now so let us all know how it goes. Having talked to a couple of owners the general take I get is that its sort of a niche thing - a range toy for the most part. I suspect it'd do just fine as a home defense weapon. Carry, non-starter due to size. For its niche though, seems to be really solid and all the guys I talked to about them reported they were reliable, no problems feeding mixed ammo.

Let us know how it performs when you get it out on the range man, I'm definitely "in".

And if you DO have your mind made up to attempt hunting I'd echo the previous suggestion, convert to 10mm. Thats a much more capable round in terms of actual field experience in taking game up to great big cocaine bears in the great white north. Granted, not ideal for that purpose too - just a bit better than 45ACP for decent sized critters.

Thats actually why I was looking at em. I have a Glock 20 and was looking for a carbine in the same caliber so as to only carry one round whilst out on extended woods trips.
I'll be sure to post a range report when I get her. :)

If you shoot it with a can and get the chance to rattle off any hot 185’s or 200’s, it would be interesting to know if they are still hearing safe. I would bet no on the 185’s, but that is just an educated guess.
I've got an Osprey 45 can. I will give her a try and see.

I've got an Osprey 45 can. I will give her a try and see.
Much appreciated, we shoot a lot of 45 ACP 200 grain semi-wadcutters out back. It makes the steel dance significantly more than a 9. I never wanted 45 pcc’s until the arm brace stuff started. Now if we get favorable decisions, I’ll have to get a couple “just cause”.

sorry no help here...I post only to say that I bought a Just Right takedown carbine in .45....It's nib, and sits in the locker for later....I like the PCC's....provides an additional firearm that shoots ammo that may be on hand when SHTF....regardless of how it handles a dear, the M1 carbine has taught us that this type of cartridge is quite effective on man.....

Fat Slow anemic 2" grouping out of a full size rifle, that's exactly what everyone wants.
Why settle for 950+ ft/lbs of energy at 100 yards with 223 or 300BO when you could have half that energy for the same weight and price per round? Duh.

Back
Top Bottom