• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I guess you can't fight it off forever.

Yeah, that's how it always played out in my head but I don't think it's necessary. They're not doing anything remotely wrong. In fact, they're being kids together, the right way. I don't see where I have grounds to intervene. They haven't asked to go anywhere together, and if they did, I'd have no reason to decline.
I be looking for reasons, ain't got none
Neither did any of the boys that my girls brought home. It wasn't a threatening conversation at any point, just a couple guys doing guy stuff for an hour but it got the point across, we don't have a problem, I don't expect a problem but lest you have any thoughts in the back of your head of creating one, don't. One of the kids was a bit, ummmmm, nervous when I grabbed a shotgun and took him out to the garage but he figured out soon enough, you protect my daughter, I protect you. You fail to protect my daughter we are gonna have a problem.

Frankly my daughters were more "nervous" about those conversations than the boys were. They didn't want me scaring anyone off. Turns out later they both eventually realized I was just trying to make sure they were treated with honor and respect and they came to appreciate it.

Besides, what 16 year old doesn't want to learn just a bit more about a shotgun works by cleaning it with you??!!

My oldest girl turned 16 last November, got a car, started growing up a bit. She's a good kid, really good kid. Late bloomer, good kid. She's also beautiful like her mama.
My mom went and rented one of the farm houses out to this family about two months ago. Nice folks, good kids, real good kids, and they like it here a lot. They all live on the property now.
They're oldest boy is 16. They're other boy is 10. My daughters are 10 and 16.

This is a good thing, the girls go out and play every day with them. Like good, wholesome playing. Run around the farm, play on the swings and trampoline, etc. Every damn day, which is a good thing.... Good kids.

We all kind of click, get along well, talk regularly, and help each other out since they've been here. They seem like they love this kind of life and they love the farm. Good folks, good kids. Our dogs even play together.
My girl had her 10th birthday right after they moved in and they came over and stayed late, the whole family. We cooked out and drank and had a good time. The boy, Z, sits around the fire with me and talks to me like a proper gentleman, tells me about his plans, how he's going to wrestle through college to pay for his engineering degree. Sounds like his **** is pretty well together for a 16 year old boy.
His parents tell me he's a wrestling champion up here and he is going to wrestling camp for a month this Summer. Good kid, seems like his **** is together. No way you can't like him.
He's been helping my oldest with her gymnastics and cheerleading routines. Really, thats what they're doing. Got the tumbling mats out on the playground by the trampoline and they hang out every day. He's really helping her, I mean he really is, good kid...
Good looking kid too, like he's cut from oak. Parents tell me he's never had a girlfriend before, always focused on school and wrestling. Riley is absolutely beautiful, has never had a boyfriend before, just never took much stock in them. Late bloomer, good kid.

So they live about 237 yards from my front porch, at least that's where the outside door to Z's bedroom is. The kids play together every day. Good kids, really good kids.
When you get older you can almost see the future. The immediate future not the far off future.

Wife sends me a picture Z's mother took the other day. It's Z and Riley and his little brother playing in the lake on the tumble track (for gymnastics). They have become such good friends. I mean, I guess I'm happy about it. Good kids, all around.
I don't even know what to think, except that I can almost see the future. The immediate future not the far off future.

Yesterday Z needed to borrow my handtrucks and he drives down to the shop to get them. There's my little girl, sitting in the passenger seat of this boy's truck, like she belongs there.
Holy ****, I don't know whether to scream or cry. Made me remember magic I had almost forgot about. Good kids, the both of them.
Now, they're just friends and that's all that is remotely indicated. Really good friends. The kind that wait on each other, almost like they miss each other.
They go to different schools and I did a dastardly thing and called some folks from his school and asked about him. Same answer. Good kid, really outstanding kid, good head on his shoulders.
Can't fight it, Springtime on the farm, coming of age, time. It's bound to happen someday. I just ain't ready and it's almost like I can see the future. The immediate future not the far off future.
Grunt and sigh and woah is me.

View attachment 4211462
Could be worse. She could take up with a goth who hates his parents, adults and life and listens to screamo music.

1650578630351.png

This is a good thing, the girls go out and play every day with them. Like good, wholesome playing. Run around the farm, play on the swings and trampoline, etc. Every damn day, which is a good thing.... Good kids.
lol. I remember when I was 16. We had different euphemisms back then.

I met this girl in high school. She was 15 and I was 17. She was a really good kid. Smart too. Understand she wound up valedictorian in her graduating class. A looker too. Blonde, tall and slender.

Now, I wasn't bad. Did really well in high school. Started working at Richway when I was 16. But, my family was from the other side of the tracks. We dated for a while. We got caught in a somewhat compromising situation and I was banned from entering her folks home. We were able to still see each other, but I was not welcome in their home.

I was her parents worst nightmare. Wound up dating six years and have been married 40 come June. Roll with it. I have a 32 year old daughter. She turned out fine. Yours will too.

You're getting old brother!!

My oldest girl turned 16 last November, got a car, started growing up a bit. She's a good kid, really good kid. Late bloomer, good kid. She's also beautiful like her mama.
My mom went and rented one of the farm houses out to this family about two months ago. Nice folks, good kids, real good kids, and they like it here a lot. They all live on the property now.
They're oldest boy is 16. They're other boy is 10. My daughters are 10 and 16.

We all kind of click, get along well, talk regularly, and help each other out since they've been here. They seem like they love this kind of life and they love the farm. Good folks, good kids. Our dogs even play together.
My girl had her 10th birthday right after they moved in and they came over and stayed late, the whole family. We cooked out and drank and had a good time. The boy, Z, sits around the fire with me and talks to me like a proper gentleman, tells me about his plans, how he's going to wrestle through college to pay for his engineering degree. Sounds like his **** is pretty well together for a 16 year old boy.
His parents tell me he's a wrestling champion up here and he is going to wrestling camp for a month this Summer. Good kid, seems like his **** is together. No way you can't like him.
He's been helping my oldest with her gymnastics and cheerleading routines. Really, thats what they're doing. Got the tumbling mats out on the playground by the trampoline and they hang out every day. He's really helping her, I mean he really is, good kid...
Good looking kid too, like he's cut from oak. Parents tell me he's never had a girlfriend before, always focused on school and wrestling. Riley is absolutely beautiful, has never had a boyfriend before, just never took much stock in them. Late bloomer, good kid.

So they live about 237 yards from my front porch, at least that's where the outside door to Z's bedroom is. The kids play together every day. Good kids, really good kids.
When you get older you can almost see the future. The immediate future not the far off future.

Wife sends me a picture Z's mother took the other day. It's Z and Riley and his little brother playing in the lake on the tumble track (for gymnastics). They have become such good friends. I mean, I guess I'm happy about it. Good kids, all around.
I don't even know what to think, except that I can almost see the future. The immediate future not the far off future.

Yesterday Z needed to borrow my handtrucks and he drives down to the shop to get them. There's my little girl, sitting in the passenger seat of this boy's truck, like she belongs there.
Holy ****, I don't know whether to scream or cry. Made me remember magic I had almost forgot about. Good kids, the both of them.
Now, they're just friends and that's all that is remotely indicated. Really good friends. The kind that wait on each other, almost like they miss each other.
They go to different schools and I did a dastardly thing and called some folks from his school and asked about him. Same answer. Good kid, really outstanding kid, good head on his shoulders.
Can't fight it, Springtime on the farm, coming of age, time. It's bound to happen someday. I just ain't ready and it's almost like I can see the future. The immediate future not the far off future.
Grunt and sigh and woah is me.

View attachment 4211462

Back
Top Bottom