• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I guess you can't fight it off forever.

Nonliberal

Eagle Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Formerly known as Bypass
355   0
Reaction score
My oldest girl turned 16 last November, got a car, started growing up a bit. She's a good kid, really good kid. Late bloomer, good kid. She's also beautiful like her mama.
My mom went and rented one of the farm houses out to this family about two months ago. Nice folks, good kids, real good kids, and they like it here a lot. They all live on the property now.
Their oldest boy is 16. Their other boy is 10. My daughters are 10 and 16.

This is a good thing, the girls go out and play every day with them. Like good, wholesome playing. Run around the farm, play on the swings and trampoline, etc. Every damn day, which is a good thing.... Good kids.

We all kind of click, get along well, talk regularly, and help each other out since they've been here. They seem like they love this kind of life and they love the farm. Good folks, good kids. Our dogs even play together.
My girl had her 10th birthday right after they moved in and they came over and stayed late, the whole family. We cooked out and drank and had a good time. The boy, Z, sits around the fire with me and talks to me like a proper gentleman, tells me about his plans, how he's going to wrestle through college to pay for his engineering degree. Sounds like his **** is pretty well together for a 16 year old boy.
His parents tell me he's a wrestling champion up here and he is going to wrestling camp for a month this Summer. Good kid, seems like his **** is together. No way you can't like him.
He's been helping my oldest with her gymnastics and cheerleading routines. Really, thats what they're doing. Got the tumbling mats out on the playground by the trampoline and they hang out every day. He's really helping her, I mean he really is, good kid...
Good looking kid too, like he's cut from oak. Parents tell me he's never had a girlfriend before, always focused on school and wrestling. Riley is absolutely beautiful, has never had a boyfriend before, just never took much stock in them. Late bloomer, good kid.

So they live about 237 yards from my front porch, at least that's where the outside door to Z's bedroom is. The kids play together every day. Good kids, really good kids.
When you get older you can almost see the future. The immediate future not the far off future.

Wife sends me a picture Z's mother took the other day. It's Z and Riley and his little brother playing in the lake on the tumble track (for gymnastics). They have become such good friends. I mean, I guess I'm happy about it. Good kids, all around.
I don't even know what to think, except that I can almost see the future. The immediate future not the far off future.

Yesterday Z needed to borrow my handtrucks and he drives down to the shop to get them. There's my little girl, sitting in the passenger seat of this boy's truck, like she belongs there.
Holy ****, I don't know whether to scream or cry. Made me remember magic I had almost forgot about. Good kids, the both of them.
Now, they're just friends and that's all that is remotely indicated. Really good friends. The kind that wait on each other, almost like they miss each other.
They go to different schools and I did a dastardly thing and called some folks from his school and asked about him. Same answer. Good kid, really outstanding kid, good head on his shoulders.
Can't fight it, Springtime on the farm, coming of age, time. It's bound to happen someday. I just ain't ready and it's almost like I can see the future. The immediate future not the far off future.
Grunt and sigh and woah is me.

ugh.jpg

Invite him over, have him help you clean shotguns and sharpen knives. Remind him of your expectations of his behavior as far as acting honorably and respectfully towards your children.

I went through that cycle with all the boys that my daughters dragged home, never had a problem.

Oh, I also informed them I have practiced martial arts for WAY WAY WAY longer than they have been alive so there is that too. Just a little friendly chit chat whilst cleaning out the 12 gauge.

Invite him over, have him help you clean shotguns and sharpen knives. Remind him of your expectations of his behavior as far as acting honorably and respectfully towards your children.

I went through that cycle with all the boys that my daughters dragged home, never had a problem.

Oh, I also informed them I have practiced martial arts for WAY WAY WAY longer than they have been alive so there is that too. Just a little friendly chit chat whilst cleaning out the 12 gauge.
Yeah, that's how it always played out in my head but I don't think it's necessary. They're not doing anything remotely wrong. In fact, they're being kids together, the right way. I don't see where I have grounds to intervene. They haven't asked to go anywhere together, and if they did, I'd have no reason to decline.
I be looking for reasons, ain't got none

Been going through the same thing with my oldest daughter who is 18 and graduating this year. She and one of the neighbors boy have been best friends since they were 10 but now things are moving along a little faster. My only problem is that this boy is a great kid with an awesome family and upbringing but he has another side of him that reminds me of what I was exactly like at that age. There was a certain age when I only had one thing on my mind when I wasn’t in view of my parents. I can tell he knows the game well but at the same time he does have a good head on his shoulders. I now just take it all in stride and try not to worry about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom