I got the Craving!

The early years of my life was spent in houses that had ice boxes (not electric refrigerators). As a result, my Mom used a lot of canned meats for cooking since fresh meats couldn't be stored well in ice boxes. We had Salmon croquettes often....sometimes at breakfast...other times at supper. I can remember picking out little bones that were shaped like a tiny little hourglass. As an adult, I can take them or leave them; but I don't go out of my way to include them on the menu.

The early years of my life was spent in houses that had ice boxes (not electric refrigerators). As a result, my Mom used a lot of canned meats for cooking since fresh meats couldn't be stored well in ice boxes. We had Salmon croquettes often....sometimes at breakfast...other times at supper. I can remember picking out little bones that were shaped like a tiny little hourglass. As an adult, I can take them or leave them; but I don't go out of my way to include them on the menu.

napp napp
An ice box? Wow!
About how old are you and in what part of the country did you grow up?

Good little trick and cheap enough to try!
I had to use it the other night. My mother-in-law diced up a lot of purple onion and stunk up the kitchen real bad. Poured the vinegar into a bowl and went to bed. Got up, poured the vinegar into the sink, went to work. Came home, no onion or vinegar smell.

Back
Top Bottom