• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hypothetical situation.

If I feel like just giving him my wallet isn't going to satisfy him then:

I'll be holding the baby in left arm. One hand draw, GOTX to 7 o clock to put my body between the bad guy and baby. Shoot bad guy a whole bunch. Scan for other threats, check baby to see if ok, get the hell out of dodge, evaluate.

I'll be holding the baby in left arm. One hand draw, GOTX to 7 o clock to put my body between the bad guy and baby. Shoot bad guy a whole bunch. Scan for other threats, check baby to see if ok, get the hell out of dodge, evaluate.

Very good answer.

Not what I was looking for, but if the answer I'm looking for isn't said, you have the passes.

I appreciate it but I don't need them. I have private land to shoot on I just wanted to participate.

I always carry anything I can in my left hand. Anything not a baby just gets dropped.
One thing I've noticed is during extended periods I find myself having to switch arms, a 30lb baby feels like 100lbs after a while especially as squirmy as mine is. But like you said, anything non baby is getting dropped or thrown.

That is true. I have swapped hands before, but would swap back to left at first chance any time contact is made, friendly or not. I know you know the feeling of putting a kid down after carrying them for a while and it feels like your arm is going to fall off. I will also use a buggy when I don't really need one as well to free up hands. Plus, I can't really drop my kid on the parking lot, but if she is in a buggy, no reason why I can't push her between some parked cars if I need to.

One thing I've noticed is during extended periods I find myself having to switch arms, a 30lb baby feels like 100lbs after a while especially as squirmy as mine is. But like you said, anything non baby is getting dropped or thrown.

Then when bad guy reaches for worthless crap turn to cover child, draw BUG and kill the SOB.

One of the bonus drills we did today was an "encumbered drill" where the shooter was carrying a laptop computer under their arm, talking on the cellphone, & holding a full drink cup in the other then turning aroung to face multiple threat/ no threat targets to engage.

Several of the shooters threw the contents of the cup at the targets as a diversion.

Back
Top Bottom