• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

humidor help... update #2

So let's say my hydrometer does not read 75% after the calibration. Can I adjust it or should I get another? Thanks for the info!

That would depend on the type of hygrometer that you have. The digital are usually within +-1 or 2% out of the box which is fine. An analog will most likely need to be adjusted with a flat head screwdriver to be correct.

A lot of the Cuban growers defected and left Cuba and took their seeds with them to the Dominican and Nicaragua, which have very similar climates to Cuba. Fantastic cigars come from these countries as well as others that are just as good as Cubans.
Honeymooned in the Cayman Islands and was able to get Cubans; I wasn't impressed.

Honeymooned in the Cayman Islands and was able to get Cubans; I wasn't impressed.

Did you buy them from a beach vendor or a reputable shop? Tons of fakes being sold to tourists. I've been burned before myself. Sealed box with all the correct markings and Cuban govt seals, but the bands had a slight variance to the real ones. Not a bad smoke but definitely not worth what I paid.

Did you buy them from a beach vendor or a reputable shop? Tons of fakes being sold to tourists. I've been burned before myself. Sealed box with all the correct markings and Cuban govt seals, but the bands had a slight variance to the real ones. Not a bad smoke but definitely not worth what I paid.
It was a store, but I don't recall the particulars (it was a long time ago)

It was a store, but I don't recall the particulars (it was a long time ago)

A lot of Cubans are usually pretty full bodied so to someone that doesn't smoke much they could be a little much to really enjoy. Definitely could have been real ones, you remember what they were?

Back
Top Bottom