• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How to protect your home from rioting and looters......

Good home security against a mob of attackers would involve your neighbors working with you to shoot down the attackers, too.
You can pick-off bad guys climbing on or around your neighbor's house that he won't be able to see at that point, and likewise your neighbor can take out the bad guy who is crouching under your bedroom window, lighting the rag on that Molotov cocktail. (Just tell your neighbor not to hit the bottle!)

If you and one neighbor each had your own houses guarded with 2 armed adults, the 4 of you together could keep each other's homes safe and totally own that section of your street.

to be serious though
1. understand the demographics and geography of your AO
2. denial/ deterrence of access (talking about booby traps is frowned upon)
3. being emotionally prepared to take someones life
4. having someone to watch your back
research south Africa and what was done during the LA riots. that should answer most of your questions

Just be outside AR in hand, mobs don't go where they believe they'll be shot. They go where the think they can get away with it.

Shoot the ones with the molotovs first, hitting the molotov will make a bigger impression.

This is not the time for pistols

Just need a can of shoe polish and a wig of dreadlocks.....you'll be fine
i.imgur.com_S3KP34b.jpg

if you think only black people are going to come after you when tshtf you will be wrong...anybody who didn't prepare is going to come after you if they think you have something to come after...and they will be about 80-90% of the population...possibly including people you know...
The original scenario was specifically about looting and rioting by BLM, unless I read it wrong. TEOTWAKI changes things, because the looters are everyone, and their resolve is MUCH stronger. I was not disparaging the black race, merely responding within the parameters of the original question. TEOTWAKI; my answer would be the same, but I would make sure nobody had an itchy trigger finger AND ensure that everyone carrying a weapon understood the existential threat we faced. Don't want anyone TOO hesitant to pull the trigger... Also; I would advise planning on stocking up on extra dried goods (beans, rice, bullets, bandages, water purification) to keep your neighbors friendly, and stocking up on baterable goods (toilet paper, alcohol, water purification, 5 gallon buckets, propane, etc.).

The original scenario was specifically about looting and rioting by BLM, unless I read it wrong. TEOTWAKI changes things, because the looters are everyone, and their resolve is MUCH stronger. I was not disparaging the black race, merely responding within the parameters of the original question. TEOTWAKI; my answer would be the same, but I would make sure nobody had an itchy trigger finger AND ensure that everyone carrying a weapon understood the existential threat we faced. Don't want anyone TOO hesitant to pull the trigger... Also; I would advise planning on stocking up on extra dried goods (beans, rice, bullets, bandages, water purification) to keep your neighbors friendly, and stocking up on baterable goods (toilet paper, alcohol, water purification, 5 gallon buckets, propane, etc.).

you are way richer than me, i can't afford to feed and water my neighbors :)

My plan now is to bug in until the really bad **** passes by. My house sits at the edge of a forest, at the end of a cul-de-sac. My back yard has 6 ft fence, a clear field of vision of the front and a reasonable field of fire to the back from upstairs. Two perfect long-range positions to cover front and back. I have roughly 3 or 4 days of freeze-dried food in the house (plan to lay in a month's worth). Also got 2 water filters and a stream 50 yards from the house.
Once things settle down, and if the govn't falls, I'll pack up the truck and head to a rural area (either north to the mountains or head to the ocean),

Once things settle down, and if the govn't falls, I'll pack up the truck and head to a rural area (either north to the mountains or head to the ocean),

Unless they are expecting you, uninvited guests "in the mts. or the coast" will be treated as invaders, you may be on the receiving end of someone's defenses.

Back
Top Bottom