• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How to protect your home from rioting and looters......

Yp
I kind of started this on another thread, but decided to start a new thread because this is a serious possibility; especially those of us that live in suburban Atlanta.

Here's what I posted. What's your plan?

I've been thinking a lot about riots lately...how do you defend your home when a mob shows up....they did say "take this **** to the burbs" in the last riot....I''m more worried about those that try to burn down my house while rioting with my family inside more than anything.....seriously.....with/without Molotov cocktails ( anyone with a bottle, tshirt, oil, and gasoline can make one)....how do you deter these folks?? I've been thinking a lot about loading up on 12ga dragon's breath rounds....you hit someone with AR round is probably going to go down, but it doesn't have that "go the **** away affect"....I wish it did....if I were up against a bunch of looters I would want something massive that says "GO THE **** AWAY".....me and myself alone can't realy to do anything if it's a mob......what if I had something....flame throwing 12ga....something to make a statement.....I don't know what the answer is, but I don't think one trained armed man will stop a mob....in the ODT's opinion.....what will?? Serious threat...serious question??

You, are NOT the only person who is worried about this, I picked up another Saiga 12g( That makes 3 Now), last Friday and fired it at a buddies land, We used Flectttee rds and we were hitting 3-5 Targets every time we fired. You, see if the Riot comes your way you should be as far from your house as possible to meet the threat, if you live in a Subdivision control the entry's into your subdivision, if not set up some "HASTY POSITIONS" around your land that are close to the roads to your house, people you can relay on family, friends, and other home owners. Let, me tell you a 20rd DRUM on a Saiga is a PEOPLE KILLER!!!

so just trash it, box it up, and hide?

Like a mother****ing

iu

this is my point...do you find it a tactical advantage for a man to stand on his roof with a rifle/shotgun? If someone wanted him gone, they would simply light his house on fire and watch that ****er flee... or just shoot him with any sort of rifle found here in the us from a concealed position... great to watch in movies, but I'm asking a serious, real world question...wars aren't won by beating one's chest....they are won by planning and strategy...still same question, how do you ... as one or two trained individuals.... protect your home from a bunch of lunatics???

If you wait to react to a situation, it is too late.

If you think a riot is a possibility, and you can not sell out and move someplace safer, you must harden your position.

Start by severely limiting access. Good, heavy fences and walls so there is only one way in and one way out of your property. Approach to the house is in range and can be sniped from cover. Ever seen upscale houses in places like the Ivory Coast, South Africa, and the Middle East? Lots of high walls and fences, one way in.

Harden your home. It has been years, but I stayed at an old gangster hideout that was turned into a hunt club. 2' thick stone walls, heavy steel shutters that locked from the inside on all windows, and a hydraulic elevator to the basement safe room, that could be secured and pinned in the closed position.

You probably do not have the budget for a lot of this, but fir about a grand, you can do a lot. You can make bullet proof panels to cover windows out of ceramic tiles and plywood, gravel poured in exterior walls up to 6' will stop 50BMG and smaller.

Electric fence chargers that run on battery backup slows foot traffic across your fences. Battery operated motion activated flood lights are now 10 bucks each and work to warn of sappers er, intruders.

Have choke points that you can easily cover with rifle fire. Make it so np vehicle can approach without you knowing. The buried sensor vehicle detectors are affordable and work. Intruders will never see them.

Don't forget, BP cannons are not NFA, and they speak in a very authoritative voice, see recommendation above about choke points.

If you wait to react to a situation, it is too late.

If you think a riot is a possibility, and you can not sell out and move someplace safer, you must harden your position.

Start by severely limiting access. Good, heavy fences and walls so there is only one way in and one way out of your property. Approach to the house is in range and can be sniped from cover. Ever seen upscale houses in places like the Ivory Coast, South Africa, and the Middle East? Lots of high walls and fences, one way in.

Harden your home. It has been years, but I stayed at an old gangster hideout that was turned into a hunt club. 2' thick stone walls, heavy steel shutters that locked from the inside on all windows, and a hydraulic elevator to the basement safe room, that could be secured and pinned in the closed position.

You probably do not have the budget for a lot of this, but fir about a grand, you can do a lot. You can make bullet proof panels to cover windows out of ceramic tiles and plywood, gravel poured in exterior walls up to 6' will stop 50BMG and smaller.

Electric fence chargers that run on battery backup slows foot traffic across your fences. Battery operated motion activated flood lights are now 10 bucks each and work to warn of sappers er, intruders.

Have choke points that you can easily cover with rifle fire. Make it so np vehicle can approach without you knowing. The buried sensor vehicle detectors are affordable and work. Intruders will never see them.

Don't forget, BP cannons are not NFA, and they speak in a very authoritative voice, see recommendation above about choke points.

finally some good advice, thank you sir...

We had a real life scenario in East Cobb it got VERY little media attention. Had some protesters ,BLM or some group up here trying to protest near trader joes about inequality of God knows what. Cobb County PD sent them all home. Quickly.

Im in east cobb..when? Where? Haven't heard anything about this...

1. If the lights go out, I think the most realistic scenario is complete lockdown with a curfew after dark. There is no way the rich and powerful of 30327 will be raped and pillaged while a functional government exists.

2. If you are alone in a house in the sububurbs when an angry mob shows up at your door, that is the culmination of strategic errors prior to the event IMHO.

3. If you are talking about TEOTWAWKI , my apologies, that's a different scenario. I assumed we were talking about civil unrest with a functioning government.

This is what happens when 6 blocks of a crappy part of town see rioting. West Paces Ferry in trouble would make this look like school hall monitors.
Blackhawks overhead, MRAPs at major intersections etc.

i.huffpost.com_gen_1965221_images_o_RIOT_POLICE_FERGUSON_facebook.jpg

policecamerasforferguson.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_06_militarycops.jpg

In all honestly, I'm referring to TEOTWAWKI....reading that book right now...scary...

Back
Top Bottom