• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How to protect your home from rioting and looters......

I've got a plan in place, but I ain't sharing it. Once things get to a certain point, I'll be leaving my house for another location that is much more secure.

If you don't know how to clear your home, you need to. My plan is to hunker down and cover the bedroom door from a secured position, but I can come up with several scenarios where you better be able to clear your home.

1. Do you have children or a SO that lives with you? What if you realize someone unsavory is your home, and you don't have the entire family secured? Or you are in the wrong part of the house when someone else enters?

2. What if they're looting and setting fire to your home? Hunkering down on the upstairs bedroom will only get you BBQ'ed.

3. What if all hell has broken loose and phone lines are down, or 911 is bogged down, or the police aren't responding?

The ability to do some fairly basic room clearing is something you should be capable of. It will also come in handy if you're caught up in an active shooter situation as many of the tactics/techniques overlap.

I teach a course called Residential Room Clearing & Response to Active Shooter. Taught in 3 levels of 2 days each. Most of the tactics are taught in the first level, the other 2 are perfectly these.

Level 1 is whiteboard and walk thrus.

Level 2 is force-on-force.

Level 3 is live-fire in a shoothouse.

It would help if I knew they were coming beforehand, but that may be assuming too much. I would try my best to AK those suckers until they decided another house would be a safer option. Fire extinguishers are a good thing to keep around. I hope some of you have them. It would not stop them from burning the place down, but it may buy some time. I do have safer locations within a reasonable distance if I had to evacuate, and if I survived, along with more stockpiles of party supplies set aside for special occasions.

Worked in Afghanistan, real life, but hey it your thread.

You were in Afghanistan? So you would agree that what worked there, worked there....but not necessarily anywhere else... right? Thank you for your service BTW....I'm just asking a real question here....i'm sure you would agree that every place is different...every set of people is different....I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about...I'm asking you to take that experience you learned over there home and teach the rest of us....what would you do different if an occupied force...armed, trained, or not came into your neighborhood......seriously, would you rely on those tactics to protect your wife and kids? What if it was just you? How would you change what you learned to help your neighbors here in the states?? Real times, real questions..........

Alls I'm saying is it's hard to loot when you are dead 25 yards away.
And leave them there. People will think twice when stepping over dead bodies to get to you...

Agreed in a normal situation...what if you're facing a desperate mob, without any law and order, that are hell bent on seeing what you got? Right now that would work. What if this happens two weeks after the lights go out? You are prepared, well armed, family knows what to do to get out of dodge...there are 2 adults...2 kids...for whatever reason, they get fixated on your house....it's 4am ... no backup .... no options ... how would you defend your home?

Nah, that's not a Marine thing.....more of a Ranger thing......

We had a few instances where there was a crowd BEFORE we started to work. After we started working, no more crowd.

Thanks for your service! A military unit is trained to work together....as a "force".....what have you learned during those times that would help you and your family in the event of the unimaginable? Without a trained, well put together unit? Fine when you have a large, disciplined, well organized, well equipped unit, buy what if it was your home....out of nowhere....and it was just you? what would you do?

You were in Afghanistan? So you would agree that what worked there, worked there....but not necessarily anywhere else... right? Thank you for your service BTW....I'm just asking a real question here....i'm sure you would agree that every place is different...every set of people is different....I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about...I'm asking you to take that experience you learned over there home and teach the rest of us....what would you do different if an occupied force...armed, trained, or not came into your neighborhood......seriously, would you rely on those tactics to protect your wife and kids? What if it was just you? How would you change what you learned to help your neighbors here in the states?? Real times, real questions..........

All depends on the scenario. I thing the original question was a mob of some kind.

Yes Afghanistan 2001 to 2002 and later Iraq. I feel back then the Taliban were much better fighters then a mob of angry Americans. Will it work anywhere? It depends on how much area you have to cover. 4 sides of a house with 2 people, nope. But one side with 2 people yes. Throwing a Molotov cocktails is not super easy. They don't go very far, so you have to be pretty close, also they don't burn very long depending what you use. If you have a metal roof and brick or stone house the much less of a threat.

States side what to do??? Lonewolfing it is just a thing in the movies same with sniping. I know I couldn't relay on my neighbors other then to call 911. That being said if you do have good neighbors who can shoot. That's great. If every house set up a field of fire you might only have to defend one side of the house, 1 person could do that.

Fall back points - would be best, if things go badly, better to live another day.

Flood lights to blind the mob would be useful at night.

CS gas might be useful

Sonic weapons

talesofcuriosity.com_v_Vampires_i_impaled.jpg

you see my original point about dragon's breath 12ga rounds......If I don't kill them, I'll make one hell of a statement....I still prefer 5.56, buy one defending his castle needs to make some kind of "don't **** with me" statement.....you're picture of "the impaler" seems barbaric, but that **** worked....don't **** with my kingdom!!!!

Back
Top Bottom