• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How long do you sit in the stand?

My uncle hunted til he was 91 and use to say,hear the crows see a deer and squirrels dont break limbs. Always remembered that.

I use to sit in a stand from Dawn til Dusk but I've got where I outweigh most tree stands capacity. So if I go it'll be a ground blind.

I used to sit with my sons when they were younger. They understood the golden Hour and waited patiently for kids. They had about an hour and a half. Although now they are in their mid-late 20’s.

I hunt by myself now, and this weekend with the rut in full I will likely sit all day. Take my back pack snacks lunch h20 and a big pee bottle…. Killed my 2 biggest between 10-2

Usually about 4 hours in am 1.5 in the evenings,I’m at the point if I don’t see him today I may tomorrow.

I sit as long as my old bones allow. Last couple mornings have been in around 645 and out about 2pm. That is well before light in the bottom, but you have to go early and quiet for the best hunting. I was rewarded with one of those epic hunts last Monday morning for my efforts. Y’all wouldn’t believe me even if I told you. I tried to get a pic of one, but he was just too close. When I was younger, I wouldn’t have thought of leaving the stand until it was dark again.

I like to sit till about 11 and decide from there if I wanna sit longer. I'm not a big fan of evening hunts anymore. All my big bucks are shot in the morning

Back
Top Bottom