• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How long do you sit in the stand?

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I normally take my son or daughter with me when I go. I normally try to get to the stand 30 mins before sunrise and we set until they are ready to go which is normally a couple of hours. In the afternoon we normally try to get to the stand about an hour or so before sunset. This means I normally look at sunrise times and leave the house 1 hr before sunrise. Just curious when yall try to get into the stand and how long yall normally set after sunrise/sunset?

I've been mainly doing morning hunts this year. Get in the stand 30 minutes before shooting light and get out between 12 and 1. 5 to 6 hours is pretty easy in my summit goliath.

I try and be settled in the stand ready to shoot 30- 45 minutes before sunrise if I am not hunting in a tree climber. I sit until 11:00 am. If I go to a tree climber I try and be settled in the stand 30-45 minutes before shooting light. ( I climb slow but sure ). Evening hunts I want to be settled and ready to shoot at least 2 hours before sunset. Morning hunt I take the best available shot with 308 150 grain Winchester power points. Evening hunt it is 25-06 100 grain Remington core lokts neck shot only.

I get in the stand 20 to 30 minutes before daylight and hunt till 10:30 or 11:00, And I rarely hunt in the afternoon, where I hunt I have never seen a deer in the afternoon, I have hunted all day long in the past and never saw a deer after 11. I average three deer a season and they have always been killed between 9:30 and 11.

1. I try to sit until noon atleast in the mornings. Evenings I like to get in the stand around 3 to 4. I'm in the stand at minimum 30 minutes before shooting light.

30 minutes before daylight till 11:30 or so. That’s before and after the time change. So after the clocks roll back I’m actually out there an hour longer.

Wow Im not sitting enough. I normally sit for a couple hours and we call it good. Tomorrow Ill get off at 4:30, home by 5:00 and then be in the stand by 5:30 - 6:00 till dark. That's just grabbing a quick hunt with son because he will be camping this weekend. I plan to go in Saturday morning and hunt until I shoot something. That is a lot easier to do when you are alone but those times are few and far between. Of course Id rather sit 2 hours with my kid than all day alone. This thread convinced me I have to sit longer.

I much prefer mornings because if you do shoot and have to track you have daylight. I like evening because there is a time you have to get down and its not a judgment call its a dark thing

I try to sit a minimum of 4 hours after I get in the stand.Use to be a saying deer would move on a 4 hour schedule,dont know how true that was. Just like when the cows are feeding deer are too. Pass by a pasture and some cows are and some cows aint so debunked I reckon. Full moon week I go in around 9 and sit til 3 or so. shot quite a few mid day.

Back
Top Bottom