• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

Pawn Express in LaGrange has a Spanish Ruby for 189. Looks like an old refinish but if you're wanting one of those in "shooting" condition, it's pretty nice for what it is and at current Ruby prices on Gunbroker. Marked 1914 "Military", it's a post-war model with no French military markings, so nothing special but I'd buy it if I really wanted another one.

Did have some play in the slide and barrel, but that's typical of Ruby pistols. Not like they were made to the tightest tolerances.

The CMP is selling 308 specials for $1,030.wowza. I should have bought a Winchester special when I was at the creedmoor shop last year.

With CMP getting less and less of these in it will only keep creeping up.
In 2009 I bought a CMP Service Grade Special Mostly All Original Barrel and receiver and most parts (still have it) for 795.00
A far cry from prices today
In 2007 I picked up a Rack Grade That should have been a Service grade for 490.00 so that should tell you how prices are moving up.

With CMP getting less and less of these in it will only keep creeping up.
In 2009 I bought a CMP Service Grade Special Mostly All Original Barrel and receiver and most parts (still have it) for 795.00
A far cry from prices today
In 2007 I picked up a Rack Grade That should have been a Service grade for 490.00 so that should tell you how prices are moving up.
Garands will continue to climb in price. Wait till the overseas M1's show up. Lots of interesting parts to go through and build complete rifles. Prices will stay high.

My finest example of a M1 Garand. Almost correct 1955 HRA.

FullSizeRender (96)~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom