• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

MILSURP related. I will be reloading some 8mm for my K43 and G43.

Does anyone have a suggested reload work up? I snagged some Prvi partizan Bullet 8MM (.323) 124gr FMJBT

I remember someone in this thread warned about using too heavy a bullet. Garands are 180 gr and below.

Thanks,
I've always used the standard bullets (Yugo '53 pulldowns) and reduced the cut card powder charge by 15% packed in new brass with boxer primers. Works like a charm out to 600 yards (at CMP). I don't have load data at hand. I've had good results with 3031 too.

MILSURP related. I will be reloading some 8mm for my K43 and G43.

Does anyone have a suggested reload work up? I snagged some Prvi partizan Bullet 8MM (.323) 124gr FMJBT

I remember someone in this thread warned about using too heavy a bullet. Garands are 180 gr and below.

Thanks,
That bullet weight is super light, the K43 was designed to shoot the standard Ss patrone 198 gr bullet. The biggest thing would be having an Apfeltor (sp?) Shooters kit installed.

That bullet weight is super light, the K43 was designed to shoot the standard Ss patrone 198 gr bullet. The biggest thing would be having an Apfeltor (sp?) Shooters kit installed.

Thanks,

I have a shooter kit. I've never seen such a light bullet but got a a great deal and will just use for targets as opposed to the 198 gr purpose.

I feel better hand loading for the K43/G43 at the entry load.

Hey guys, FYI.....the Amazon Smile feature allows you to select a charity and they will donate a % of your purchases to that charity. I chose the CMP a couple years ago.

0F5842CD-3A96-4BB0-A88A-60B6797904CB.png

Was bored so wanted to know when my MAS 36 was made.

Looks like 1940 so only dropped once, well maybe in Indochina too.

http://www.virdea.net/french/36.html

MAS 36 sn.jpg

Both J and K rolled serial numbers have parts associated with middle 1940 manufacture and may have been assembled after the occupation by the Vichy or German governments.

Back
Top Bottom