• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you tell it hasn't been shot much?

Revolver's will have excessive powder build up in crevasses, not normally cleaning area's. One shot alot will show powder burns which discoloration will appear on bluing or even stainless or nickel finish.

I remember when an ‘operator’ was some little old lady that provided live “HELP” assistance over the phone when you dialed “0” . Now they are every Tom, Dick & Harry on the ODT that cells a gun. :wacko: :cool-new:

I seem to remember a certain "expert" (ego) on here years ago that bragged about doing a superb clean up job on a certain, at that time, hard to find 1911(ruger) that he had shot over 500 or 1000 rounds through, and had it listed on GB as new in box never fired.....he left here shortly after that....well, he still pops in now and then to flex his ego.....

gh1950 said:
Just saw another ad for a handgun. Seller is not original owner.
Says "doesn't look like it's been shot a lot". How do you tell?
Next question is "what do you mean by a lot?" (or much?)
Not that you can attach any validity to the answer,
just to see how long takes them to reply.

Only way to know how much a gun has been fired is buy it new.
Any used second hand firearm a thorough inspection by yourself
or a better qualified appraiser as to present condition will indicate
how many rounds it may be able to fire in the future.
Also watch out for the firearms "only shot on Sunday by lil ole lady
and never been rained on". Hope this helps

Just saw another ad for a handgun, seller is not original owner, says "doesn't look like it's been shot a lot".

How do you tell?

What does a gun that's been shot a lot look like? I'm talking about revolvers mostly,

How many sellers are qualified to make that statement? What's a "lot"? What are they looking for to tell if it's been shot "a lot"? How many guns that have been shot a lot of the same kind have they examined?

Now I know that one some guns it's possible to shoot them loose by using high powered loads, but that's pretty obvious.

Just what I'm thinking about today.
JUST ASK THE SELLER!!!!

AK, hasn't been shot much!

1277126217_preview_46e6caa8-4adc-4e06-af77-140785023b2e-.jpg660x439.jpg

Back
Top Bottom