• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Holy moly it just hit me. Russia warns of EMP attack.

Do you really think, under the scenario you painted, they won't nuke all the usual suspects? Not exactly a "cooler heads will prevail" type of situation.

No thats not what I was saying at all.
I think that I have no idea what would happen.
I have worked with the government and the military enough to know that there is no way to predict what they will do, or why.

I'm asking how we would know who did it. The explosion would be so high up in the atmosphere that we couldn't test the isotopes so quickly.
You know you and I miscommunicate alot. Why is that?

Actually I bet if we got HEMP'd from a shipping vessel they would clear the waters around the US, have the navy inspect all shipments, and try to rebuild the country.
They would have, wait for it, buildings built to the MIL-STD so its not like they would be concerned about being uncomfortable. Just the peasants.

I for one really hope that the cooler heads would prevail!

At least let us strike the right enemy directly, let's not start shotgunning nukes.

I guarded nukes on a carrier when I was a young Marine, it was the most boring job I've ever had, so I had a lot of time to think along these lines.

If one, just one goes off, there's hope for humanity, but if two, just two go off, I'm afraid the reply to that is, life as we know it would end.

One and cooler heads may prevail, two and there won't be any cool heads left ..... JMHO

One and cooler heads may prevail, two and there won't be any cool heads left ..... JMHO

well said. EMP's have little to no environmental effect though, so we could shoot 100 of them over the course of a couple years and the effect would be negligable as far as environmental measurements. As far as people surviving, yeah we would likely all die if we get EMP'd

Back
Top Bottom