• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hip replacement is a snap now

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
I have had multiple inquiries about my hip replacement, 3 and 1/2 weeks ago..Let me tell you first hand, times they are a changing by leaps and bounds concerning the medical field..They have advanced to the point that your in and out in one day and can walk 2 hrs after the procedure. I went in at 7:30 am had a spinal block and into surgery by 11:30. At approximately 13:00 hrs I woke up and into my cubical..Nurse came in and brought a walker in for me to run the course with..I walked down a hall about 25 ft to a set of four stair steps..Up and back down and then back to my cubical..She informed me as soon as I peed I could go home..I went home that same afternoon...I have been back to the doctors office twice for them to check the incision which was in front of my hip and then yesterday for a checkup and x-ray of new hip. I have almost no hip pain but my back is shot big time..That will be another fight with the VA, to let a Civilian Surgeon do using Community Care which is a joke.. Doc told me 10 weeks to be healed..Below is a pick of the new hip joint..I will get pic's of when they took the x-ray before replacement next time I go, which will be in 30 days.
Hip x-ray.jpg
You can see how bad the back is at the base and the spine curvature. They call it scoliosis which was caused because of the bad hip and lower back..I hope this helps some of you that may need to have it done..

Impressive, heal well and quickly sir. Gotta ask though, man, what the heck did you do to your spine? We ya leaning far over to your left goosing a hot nurse or something?????
My hip I beleive cause the curving along with the 3 bad disc's..Hip Doc said my lower back is a mess..I told him no joke..He doesn't do backs just hip and knee's.

Happy to hear you're doing so well DD.
I had some work done on my left leg about 10 years ago. Long healing process and left one leg a little shorter than the other which led to back and hip problems.
My DIL had the same thing repaired monday and she's thinking about going back to work tomorrow.
Medical advancements are moving forward at a rapid pace. Too bad they don't have actual doctors in charge of places like the CDC and WHO.

I have had multiple inquiries about my hip replacement, 3 and 1/2 weeks ago..Let me tell you first hand, times they are a changing by leaps and bounds concerning the medical field..They have advanced to the point that your in and out in one day and can walk 2 hrs after the procedure. I went in at 7:30 am had a spinal block and into surgery by 11:30. At approximately 13:00 hrs I woke up and into my cubical..Nurse came in and brought a walker in for me to run the course with..I walked down a hall about 25 ft to a set of four stair steps..Up and back down and then back to my cubical..She informed me as soon as I peed I could go home..I went home that same afternoon...I have been back to the doctors office twice for them to check the incision which was in front of my hip and then yesterday for a checkup and x-ray of new hip. I have almost no hip pain but my back is shot big time..That will be another fight with the VA, to let a Civilian Surgeon do using Community Care which is a joke.. Doc told me 10 weeks to be healed..Below is a pick of the new hip joint..I will get pic's of when they took the x-ray before replacement next time I go, which will be in 30 days.
View attachment 4420700You can see how bad the back is at the base and the spine curvature. They call it scoliosis which was caused because of the bad hip and lower back..I hope this helps some of you that may need to have it done..
Glad your surgery went well and you are on the mend.

Back
Top Bottom