• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Here it is, published this morning.

From the jump, I'm just quoting you as an example. This is isn't directed to "you" but to people who share your opinion.

What is it about this that has you all so riled up? Is it the reclassification based on use? Or is it the "restriction" to ownership? Because if it's the former, I understand...if it's the latter, nothing's changed there.

Some of you post as if you are sovereign citizens. You're still paying taxes, though, right? Spending that Social Security money, aren't you? I'm just confused why the clamor about this in particular?
Do you pay every single penny of taxes you owe? Do you seriously report every single bit of profit you make?

I honestly don't know. I think so, though. Wife does them for me. I'm not good at maths.
Let's say I gave you $200 just because you gave me some good advice that I found value in.

Would you relay that to wife, make sure she recorded that transaction for tax purposes?

Or are you a crazy sovereign citizen anarchists?

Whole thing smells of ex post facto law, even though it's only a "ruling."
I get that...the ATF is unique in that regard, I suppose. But anytime they do anything, it's like this. It's nothing new. Why the tempest this time, I guess is the question that I'm asking. My suspicion is that bracefolk felt like they were sticking it to the man and now they've been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

I get that...the ATF is unique in that regard, I suppose. But anytime they do anything, it's like this. It's nothing new. Why the tempest this time, I guess is the question that I'm asking. My suspicion is that bracefolk felt like they were sticking it to the man and now they've been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.
I don't know. I react this way to ALL government overreach. I'm not a member of the Brace Folk.

Let's say I gave you $200 just because you gave me some good advice that I found value in.

Would you relay that to wife, make sure she recorded that transaction for tax purposes?

Or are you a crazy sovereign citizen anarchists?
Point taken...no, I wouldn't. But I don't think that's analogous.

Also of note, Marvin Heemeyer didn't have a woman and a kid.

Your suspicion is wrong, atleast for me.

I don't feel like I was sticking it to the man. I feel like the NFA was poorly written and allows for many loopholes. I feel like the ATF did the RIGHT thing when they correctly allowed things like braces and bumpstocks to the Market because they CORRECTLY interpreted that they do not in fact break the plain black and white text of the law as written by Congress.

So there's no hand in the Cookie jar, we were never doing anything illegal. But now they want to enforce the "spirit" of the law. Which could be interpreted into anything they like.

I like laws written and enforced in plain black and white text, and done so by elected officials.
Actually I don't like laws at all, but this country is founded on that simple principle. Congress makes laws.

Your suspicion is wrong, atleast for me.

I don't feel like I was sticking it to the man. I feel like the NFA was poorly written and allows for many loopholes. I feel like the ATF did the RIGHT thing when they correctly allowed things like braces and bumpstocks to the Market because they CORRECTLY interpreted that they do not in fact break the plain black and white text of the law as written by Congress.

So there's no hand in the Cookie jar, we were never doing anything illegal. But now they want to enforce the "spirit" of the law. Which could be interpreted into anything they like.

I like laws written and enforced in plain black and white text, and done so by elected officials.
Actually I don't like laws at all, but this country is founded on that simple principle. Congress makes laws.
That's absolutely fair. Thanks for the clarity.

Back
Top Bottom